Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Thanksgiving Food ideas, Tips, Tricks, or Recipes 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'd like to say that my thoughts revolve around World Peace or something but actually I'm toying with my Thanksgiving Day menu.
    What are your thoughts ?A Martha Stewart thanksgiving ?Several different bird dishes.Duck,Pheasant,Gamecock and Goose or are you plotting your array of side dishes ?

This seemed like a natural thread for Recipes. ;)

Actually, I was thinking about fiddling with my clay pot turkey recipe as well as musing about the delights to be had from the now forbidden Overnight Turkey method. :D

*Fires up browser for annual news reports featuring deep fried turkey*

:D

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    *Fires up browser for annual news reports featuring deep fried turkey*

Here you go ...Grab Your Gag Bag and step away...Quick...:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEwPqZQcTs8&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7MtfDDp6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hznx7...eature=related

The epic fail video ... why? :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    The epic fail video ... why? :eek:
    Just a precaution against excesses !You people don't keep thanksgiving a you have little reason to be thankful these days but most Americans tend to overeat during the thanksgiving feast .
    These days we also have little reason to be thankful with these Quasi Progressive Liberal fools in power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7r61T2XLUw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXlWs...eature=related
    Last edited by megimoo; 11-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.

My wife set me up yesterday! She tells her buds at work that I like to cook so they asked her if I would cook thier turkeys for thier party tomorrow. She brought home 2 - 25 pound birds last nite and she has to bring them back to work tomorrow! :eek:

She also brought home 2 of those aluminum turkey pans to cook and deliver them in.....well.....
    as I was tucking the wing tips under the bird I guess I poked a little hole in the pan!:o

Cooked the first one for 5 hours, let the oven cool down, an hour of cleaning the messy grease and drippings and I just put bird #2 in for 5 more hours!

I guess this could be whiny!!!

Oh yea, I stuffed the bird with onion halves, apple halves and celery. Shoved a 1/2 onion in the neck hole, salted the whole bird in and out and dumped a stick of melted butter over it and sprinkled garlic powder all over. It looks good!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    My wife set me up yesterday! She tells her buds at work that I like to cook so they asked her if I would cook thier turkeys for thier party tomorrow. She brought home 2 - 25 pound birds last nite and she has to bring them back to work tomorrow! :eek:

She also brought home 2 of those aluminum turkey pans to cook and deliver them in.....well.....
    as I was tucking the wing tips under the bird I guess I poked a little hole in the pan!:o

Cooked the first one for 5 hours, let the oven cool down, an hour of cleaning the messy grease and drippings and I just put bird #2 in for 5 more hours!

I guess this could be whiny!!!

Oh yea, I stuffed the bird with onion halves, apple halves and celery. Shoved a 1/2 onion in the neck hole, salted the whole bird in and out and dumped a stick of melted butter over it and sprinkled garlic powder all over. It looks good!

What, no corn bread and oyster stuffing ?You need a bunch of munchies to keep the females happy.Try a big pan of chocolate marshmallow brownies with chocolate fudge topping .

They now have an indoor turkey fryer! See it here.

On a related note: I have made slow-cooked, overnight turkey and lived to tell about it. That is some of the juiciest, deeply flavored turkey you will ever eat. And no matter what the food Nazis say, it's perfectly safe. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    They now have an indoor turkey fryer! See it here.

On a related note: I have made slow-cooked, overnight turkey and lived to tell about it. That is some of the juiciest, deeply flavored turkey you will ever eat. And no matter what the food Nazis say, it's perfectly safe. ;)
    You being the thoughtful and cautious critter that you are I'll bet you took it outdoors just be doubly safe ?:D