Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A Dog's Warning to America 
    November 18, 2010
    Jeannie DeAngelis

For those Americans champing at the bit to have Big Brother administer healthcare, it might be wise to consider this: "If Target isn't safe, nobody is."

Target was the famous pooch that saved the lives of 50 U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan. The dog "helped scare a suicide bomber who showed up at a base wearing 25 lbs of explosives, barking at and biting the terrorist. Target was hailed a hero... treated by medics as though she was a soldier."

Target survived IED explosions and the Taliban. However, surviving a local government employee was an insurmountable challenge even a canine war heroine couldn't win. Target was mistakenly euthanized.

Although the guilty employee is on administrative leave after unintentionally putting Target to sleep, unfortunately the dog that managed to make it to America from war-torn Afghanistan won't be returning home from doggy heaven any time soon.

Ruth Stalter, director of the Animal Care and Control Center explained: "When it comes to euthanizing an animal, there are some clear-cut procedures to follow. Based on my preliminary investigation, our employee did not follow those procedures."

Dare I say - too late!

Before going into the story of Target's untimely end, it's important to note Pinal County's Animal Care and Control is a Division of the Health and Human Services Department, a county agency that "protects the health and welfare of Pinal County citizens." In other words, the animal shelter is government-run on the county level.

Based on ordinances, the division enforces regulations and provisions, "humanely" cares for animals, and provides "proactive and ongoing public education and information to the residents." Above all, the organization prides itself on always adhering to "professional standards in all aspects of public relations and animal management."

Tell that one to the dog's owner Sgt Terry Young and his devastated four year-old son.

Sgt Young said: "'I just can't believe that something like this would happen to such a good dog." Target escaped from Young's yard, and although the sergeant tried desperately to find her a concerned neighbor had already called the shelter. Poor Target fell into the hands of the enemy, disguised as a friendly government worker, with a Phenobarbital-filled needle and a bottom line.

After tracking down the missing dog, Sgt. Young tried to reclaim his pet only to find the shelter was closed until Monday. You know the old adage - "Don't get sick on the weekend...there's nobody on staff," especially if the hospital workers are on the government payroll.

Nevertheless, on Monday Sgt. Young attempted to retrieve Target, "only to find out she was dead." County officials say the "employee mistakenly took the dog out of its pen ... and euthanized it."

A teary Sgt Young told a local TV station: "My four year-old son just can't understand what is going on with Target and keeps asking me to get the poison out of her and bring her home. They don't want her to go be with God yet."

Target the Heroine Dog's Post-mortem message to America: Once Obamacare kicks in, be wary of smiling bureaucrats touting professional standards in all aspects of health care management, because the government fix may include an inept health care worker sending any one of us on a premature one-way trip, even though it isn't our time "to go be with God yet."
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...o_america.html
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 11-18-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I heard about this.

I think a lot of fat people will be unpleasantly surprised when they find that their preexisting conditions (like fatness) puts them on a different triage path from their non-fat, active, non-smoking, non-drug taking peers.

Eventually, they will get around to sexual infections, too.

People like me will be able to get that joint replacement or whatever but the porkers, drinkers, smokers, and sexually random will be waiting for Hell to freeze over. That's pretty much 70% of the country.

I first read about Target yesterday. I've had the pleasure of the company with dogs all my life of 72 years! I've brought some of them home in the palm of my hand, and had to finally have them put down when they were to old to get around. Most were rescued, or "drop offs".

I would like to have five - make that just one - minute alone in a room with that Animal Care and Control Center employee.

Dogs are people, too!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

To be fair, the shelter worker was just that - a worker drone following procedure and screwing it up. Just like the numerous worker drones who will be seeing to your bargain-basement health care in the future.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    makes you mad that the Army is letting all Pit Bulls and Rots go from the Military and not allowing them on bases anymore. These dogs are heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    To be fair, the shelter worker was just that - a worker drone following procedure and screwing it up. Just like the numerous worker drones who will be seeing to your bargain-basement health care in the future.
    Exactly. Just a stupid drone with a bottom line, as the article said. If it had been any other dog, this would have gone under the radar, but because Target was a hero, this story got the coverage that this magnificent dog deserved, and once again, she has warned Americans of danger.

I only hope that we're smart enough to listen.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    I first read about Target yesterday. I've had the pleasure of the company with dogs all my life of 72 years! I've brought some of them home in the palm of my hand, and had to finally have them put down when they were to old to get around. Most were rescued, or "drop offs".

I would like to have five - make that just one - minute alone in a room with that Animal Care and Control Center employee.

Dogs are people, too!
    I can see how this happens. I was a volunteer at the St Louis Zoo for 20 years, but only lasted as an adoption counselor at the local Humane Society for about 6 months. What I saw there wasn't pretty. I think the employees became very callous, had lost their love of animals. They were indeed drones, in fact rather nasty drones.

A woman at a luncheon told me a frightening beaurocratic story earlier this week. Seems an employee turned out to be an illegal. He had legal representation to fight extradiction. He had been in this country (originally from Columbia) for 30 years. One of his other clients laid out about $50k in legal bills. He was complying with everything that the gov't said. One of the government folks came out of a room with a big smile on its face. He had been before the judge and thought that he had won. He is about 60 years old. The person with the big smile then stepped aside and he was handcuffed and led away.

Beware the smile of the government folks. :eek:
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I can see how this happens. I was a volunteer at the St Louis Zoo for 20 years, but only lasted as an adoption counselor at the local Humane Society for about 6 months. What I saw there wasn't pretty. I think the employees became very callous, had lost their love of animals. They were indeed drones, in fact rather nasty drones.

A woman at a luncheon told me a frightening beaurocratic story earlier this week. Seems an employee turned out to be an illegal. He had legal representation to fight extradiction. He had been in this country (originally from Columbia) for 30 years. One of his other clients laid out about $50k in legal bills. He was complying with everything that the gov't said. One of the government folks came out of a room with a big smile on its face. He had been before the judge and thought that he had won. He is about 60 years old. The person with the big smile then stepped aside and he was handcuffed and led away.

Beware the smile of the government folks. :eek:
    Well, I hate to say it, but he had thirty years to comply with the government, including the previous amnesty period. It's his own fault for waiting as long as he did.
    --Odysseus

I agree with Maj. O.
    Being here 30 years illegally doesn't give him a pass.

The only disturbing part was when you said "he was
    compling with everything the government said". The
    governement shouldn't have been saying anything
    other than "get on the bus" so they could deport him
    immediately, once they knew he was here illegally.

The Lone Star State, Next to the Red River
    I coudn't agree with you more, Kay. Once the Govt discovered he was illegal, it doesn't matter. Off he goes.