Before boarding a flight in Grand Rapids, a woman says the search at the security checkpoint was violent, unnecessary and extremely upsetting.

" Let's all Get Together and Grope Nappie in Public !"

"When I got on the plane all I wanted to do was sob," says traveler Ella Swift.

Swift was one of an increasing number of passengers Transportation Security Administration officers are thoroughly searching by hand. They call it an "enhanced pat-down."

Swift says they told her she was singled out because she was wearing a skirt. She says the search earlier this month was very rough and left her in tears.

"The female officer ran her hand up the inside of my leg to my groin and she did it so hard and so rough she lifted me off my heels," she says. "I think I yelped. I was in pain for about an hour afterwards. It just felt excessive and unnecessary."

After reviewing the incident, a TSA spokesman says officers involved in the Grand Rapids search acted "appropriately and respectfully."

The TSA says people in what they call "bulky clothing" may be singled out for the enhanced pat-down. Some passengers may also be selected for the search at random. The TSA says they have installed full body scanners and added the pat-downs to improve aviation security.

COMMENTS:

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
Those who deny individual rights cannot
claim to be defenders of minorities."
- Ayn Rand

Yes, history repeats itself. Jews are now Muslims, Unions/pick one, and US.

"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I took a Jewish frined to the airport in Munich, Germany one time. We were both in the army and her was getting out but flying to Israel to see hi sister. The idiot keep way to much stuff and had a huge cart of luggage. The terminal for Israel was separate and far away from all the other terminals and there is even an armored car blocking the road to the terminal. I couldn't go inside so i stayed outside with his luggage so he could see what he could take. So there were already two guards out there with machine guns. them 3 more came too. They weren't locking directly at me, however i knew they were watching me intently i decided to stand really still and wait for my friend.
About a year after 9/11 I had to do some business travel. I had an underwire bra on and at the time the machines were picking up everything. The nice elderly TSA women did the wand thing and of course she picked up the underwire. She very nicely asked if I had an underwire bra on and then apologized profusely because she had to pat me to confirm - however it was through my clothing. She was so nice. BUT what bothers me, is this was a business trip with male collegues and non of this took place behind a screen. It was out in the open for all to see.

There was absolutely no excuse for them to put their hands up this young ladies skirt all the way to the groin area. The police do not even do this in an initial pat down. They go over the clothing.

If I were this young girl I would file a sexual assault case against the TSA worker. I understand the need for security but this took it too far.
Safety is a concern, yes, but as free Americans, we should stand up for our right to not be sexually violated. TSA is going too far and we need to make it clear we will not stand for it. Americans should rise up and boycott airlines until proper, professional security measures are reinstated.

"Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." (Benjamin Franklin)
Some Muslim doctors in the UK have already been in training to put explosive breast implants in women. The women need merely to inject themselves with the catalyst that will cause an explosion. The material in the implant is the same body temp as the person. It is undetectable by pat downs, metal detectors, or body scanners. Whatever procedures we develop, the enemy will find a way around them. . . and then there's body cavities.

EL AL profiles. Why don't we?
The stupidity in this country that is generated by our various leader's emphasis on political correctness is astounding. How many more people and things will get blown up before we learn that profiling is the way to go?
I got a great solution. Once everyone gets on the plane fill the passenger cabin with not out gas. THEN when they get you to your destination give you smelling salt.

I plan to wear a very tight body hugging leotard on my next flight.
" Gmain has apparently forgotten about Richard Reid the shoe bomber...." Regardless of what he was - he still looked muslim. Follow the procedures El AL does - they havent had a hijacking yet.
Wait a minute...what blithering idiot just wrote that they feel safer having pat-downs and naked body scans? Hey, brain surgeon, any desperate terrorists (and they all are) can get through both by inserting c-4 explosive in body cavities. Neither one of these circus charades can stop you from being blown up. Utter, mindless sheep! It's frightening to think in this day there are such gullible lost souls. This is the mentality that has put us right where we are economically, culturally and constitutionally (or lack thereof). You are not any safer with this circus being performed...use your head!!! Unbelievable...its got to be a joke!
..............................:
"After reviewing the incident, a TSA spokesman says officers involved in the Grand Rapids search acted "appropriately and respectfully."

Of course he/she would say that. Havent seen one of these types of searches being condemned by TSA as inappropriate yet. Here's an idea for security that in the long run would save money. Keep the metal detectors, add bomb sniffing dogs to the security check in, and an air marshall to every flight, also add "profiling" which is a very efficient and effective tool. This is not rocket science. They could also keep the "enhanced" security scan and pat down for muslims seeing as those are the ones that are the terrorists.
i guess it would depend on who is doing the groping