1. #1 "Firefighter Who Shot WIld Turkey Suspended From Police Jobs" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A Hazleton firefighter who killed a wild turkey while on duty outside a city fire station was suspended in the two communities where he is a part-time police officer.

West Hazleton Mayor Frank Schmidt suspended 39-year-old Kevin Ruby indefinitely, pending a borough council meeting at 6 p.m. Dec. 14. Council members will then decide whether to retain Ruby as a part-time police officer, Schmidt said.

A registered letter informing him of the suspension went out in the mail Thursday, Schmidt said, but he had been taken off the police schedule following a Nov. 9 executive session.

Ruby also was suspended from his part-time police officer position in Kline Township for one month, Supervisor Nick Sanko said. Ruby will return to duty the second or third week of December, Sanko said. The suspension was effective Nov. 11, Police Chief John Petrilla said, and concludes Dec. 11.

Earlier this month, Ruby pleaded guilty to killing big game out of season on a citation filed by the state Game Commission and was fined $1,000. Hazleton police also cited him for firing a weapon inside city limits, to which he also pleaded guilty.

Hazleton officials suspended Ruby, who is a paid firefighter, for a week and a half without pay and ordered him to do 20 hours community service for the Oct. 10 incident. Two other firefighters, Dave Fatula and Mark Palumbo, were also suspended and given community service following a disciplinary hearing last week.

http://standardspeaker.com/news/fire...jobs-1.1065784

Banned
    He should have claimed the turkey attacked him and he shot in self defense. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    He should have claimed the turkey attacked him and he shot in self defense. :eek:
    Fireman packing a pistol shoots a wild turkey walking up the street and catches a thousand dollar fine and loses his part time job..That was the most expensive thanksgiving turkey ever .At about ten pounds that turkey was one hundred dollars a pound !:D

I'm disappointed that this story didn't involve bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm disappointed that this story didn't involve bourbon.
    It did, when the former Cop got home.Lots of it to dull the nagging his wife gave him over his stupidity .:D

He should have claimed that he confused the turkey with Keith Olbermann.

I hope they don't have any really bad fires in that city while the firemen are suspended. I don't see this as something that required disciplinary action beyond a talking to.

If the city of Warren would let me shoot possums, I'd buy a gun. One of my church friends lives in a nearby suburb, and she had to call a professional to get a possum out of her basement. The guy came out with a trap, and she asked him if he was going to kill it. He said no, possums were protected animals, and he was going to give it to a company that relocated it.