Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    My dad grew up there in the 40's and 50's and he told me stories like being able to leave your door open at night :eek:
    My dad grew up in Brooklyn, and his neighborhood, East New York, was the same way. Now, it's a complete slum. You can thank rent control and welfare for a lot of that. As wages rose and rents didn't, middle class housing became cheap enough to be accessable to welfare recipients, who would then drive out the working families.

More of the effects of Democratic politics masquerading as policies.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    My dad grew up in Brooklyn, and his neighborhood, East New York, was the same way. Now, it's a complete slum. You can thank rent control and welfare for a lot of that. As wages rose and rents didn't, middle class housing became cheap enough to be accessable to welfare recipients, who would then drive out the working families.

More of the effects of Democratic politics masquerading as policies.
    Don't forget white flight started when the welfare bums moved into camden. i have to admit they fixed up the waterfront, the BB New jersey is always a fun trip. The ride to the waterfront is fixed up but the test of the city can be nuked for all I care.

Don't forget white flight started when the welfare bums moved into camden. i have to admit they fixed up the waterfront, the BB New jersey is always a fun trip. The ride to the waterfront is fixed up but the test of the city can be nuked for all I care.
    It looks like it's already been nuked.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

They closed down one of the biggest employers in Camden and that was Riverfront State Prison. It was the 3rd newest prison in NJ and the land was sold to a private developer. So, basically the city of Camden had a perfectly good prison closed down to sell the land to a private developer. Well, the sale ended up falling through and Riverfront, like a said, a pretty new prison, is closed down costing a lot of jobs and misplacing a lot of employees(the criteria to being hired for Riverfront you had to live in Camden).
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Can you imagine being a cop in Camden? They couldn't pay me enough.
    Ditto with the cops in St Louis. They were my top account before I moved to Sarasota. I really liked the folks there and still talk to some of the folks in purchasing on occasion.

Erica Van Ross, the PR person in the StLPD, was one of my customers.

Most of the people in the metropolitan area of St Louis live in the "county", not the "city" of St Louis. I'm just glad that I left that job alive. I used to go to some very dangerous areas. My angel was watching over me all those years. A year ago I almost got carjacked. I guess some of the guys waiting outside the Marshall's office thought that my BMW looked tempting. I moved really quickly and rocketed away from them. But I was pushing my luck and glad to not be doing that anymore.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Just two blocks from Seton Hall University in South Orange N.J. the Newark war zone starts.It looks like Beirut Lebanon after the 2006 War.Every building missing windows from the second story up.If you stop your car even for a moment best have the windows up and foot on the gas pedal.
    My office was in the CITY of St Louis. There had been bullet holes in the window not far from where I sat. The sales reps thought it was status to have a window view. Because of my seniority I had a corner "office" or cube by the window. I was always nervous sitting there. One day came in to the office and the large windows in the front of the building, by the stairs, were shot through. I just took the elevator, thought it was safer. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that you have put that to the test? ;)
    I will neither confirm nor deny any such event.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

They closed down one of the biggest employers in Camden and that was Riverfront State Prison. It was the 3rd newest prison in NJ and the land was sold to a private developer. So, basically the city of Camden had a perfectly good prison closed down to sell the land to a private developer. Well, the sale ended up falling through and Riverfront, like a said, a pretty new prison, is closed down costing a lot of jobs and misplacing a lot of employees(the criteria to being hired for Riverfront you had to live in Camden).
    I always wondered why they closed that place down, my dad worked with Verizon and installed phones in that prison.

I always wondered why they closed that place down, my dad worked with Verizon and installed phones in that prison.
    Believe it or not, they wanted to build housing, you know, McMansions, on the waterfront. As if people were willing to buy homes in Camden. We have prisons that are falling apart in NJ(Trenton, Rahway, CRAF, Southern State) and yet they closed down a perfectly good prison like Riverfront, basically, for nothing. The problem with these cities is, if you don't control the gangs you'll never rebuild the city. And it's not the cops or government who need to control the gangs, it's the neighborhoods. And, I'm sorry to say, the black community needs to step this up.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Believe it or not, they wanted to build housing, you know, McMansions, on the waterfront. As if people were willing to buy homes in Camden. We have prisons that are falling apart in NJ(Trenton, Rahway, CRAF, Southern State) and yet they closed down a perfectly good prison like Riverfront, basically, for nothing. The problem with these cities is, if you don't control the gangs you'll never rebuild the city. And it's not the cops or government who need to control the gangs, it's the neighborhoods. And, I'm sorry to say, the black community needs to step this up.
    You're surprised that NJ wastes money? lol :D

I say we build a wall around camden (minus the water front) and let the savages kill each other.