Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    You're surprised that NJ wastes money? lol :D

I say we build a wall around camden (minus the water front) and let the savages kill each other.
    It sounds like E St Louis, Illinois. They are true savages there. A lot of the crime in St Louis is from the folks from across the river (Mississippi) crossing that bridge and going on a crime spree. E St Louis looks like a bombed out city.

Most of the crime in St Louis is in the areas where you'd truly need an armored tank to emerge safely from the neighborhoods. The metro area outside the city itself is generally safe.

It's a shame because St Louis has so many beautiful attractions, from the Zoo to the Art Museum to the Missouri Botanical Garden, one of the tops in the US. Then there's the Arch, which is worth seeing.

Ask SR, he can tell you about his hometown, Bayonne, New Jersey, near that lovely Newark.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It sounds like E St Louis, Illinois. They are true savages there. A lot of the crime in St Louis is from the folks from across the river (Mississippi) crossing that bridge and going on a crime spree. E St Louis looks like a bombed out city.

Most of the crime in St Louis is in the areas where you'd truly need an armored tank to emerge safely from the neighborhoods. The metro area outside the city itself is generally safe.

It's a shame because St Louis has so many beautiful attractions, from the Zoo to the Art Museum to the Missouri Botanical Garden, one of the tops in the US. Then there's the Arch, which is worth seeing.

Ask SR, he can tell you about his hometown, Bayonne, New Jersey, near that lovely Newark.
    I went to St. Louis back in '87 but we stayed at the Clarion because of it's proximity to the stadium. The city proper there was nice. We walked all around going to a mall there and even walked to the Arch.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

They should just close and remove the bridge to east st louis . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    They should just close and remove the bridge to east st louis . . . .
    Except I live on that side of the bridge.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well you'd better move then. :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

No problem. You come back from MOB and hook up with an OWT tour.
    You'll be fine after a year at FT Hood.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No problem. You come back from MOB and hook up with an OWT tour.
    You'll be fine after a year at FT Hood.
    Hood? Isn't the surrounding area just as bad as E. St. Louis?

If I gotta do an Army tour it'll be Ft. Lewis.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Anyone watch The Simpsons last night?

Homer and Bart made a joke about the Detroit Lions being a bad bet, and Moe said "Leave Detroit alone. They live in Mad Max times there".

Hood? Isn't the surrounding area just as bad as E. St. Louis?

If I gotta do an Army tour it'll be Ft. Lewis.
    Killeen is not that bad, but by Texas standards, it sucks. It's a typical army town. Harker Heights and Temple are great, though. I was just at FT Lewis for an exercise and while the post is great, the cost of living out their is astronomical, and Washington State has some seriously high taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Anyone watch The Simpsons last night?

Homer and Bart made a joke about the Detroit Lions being a bad bet, and Moe said "Leave Detroit alone. They live in Mad Max times there".
    I read that line out loud in the DMOC a minute ago and got a big laugh. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!