Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Having a running mate prone to very un-politically-correct comments like the "articulate and clean" statement and the "Indian accents in 711" help Obama, not hurt him.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Smart move on Obama's part. Attack dog for the job he can't do - really piss McCain off. Both the VP to be and John have the same quick trigger. McCain won't resist giving immediate come-backs to everything Joe says and will verbally fuck up, grossly. If nothing else it will be entertaining.
    This is pretty much it... Biden is an antogonist and pretty good at getting under somebodies skin. A robot like Romney will seem even more like an android and a hothead like McCain will say some ridiculously stupid things.

Obama can just kind of hang out and keep up the Hope and Change spiel to try and get us college kids to wake up before noon on the 4th.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    This is pretty much it... Biden is an antogonist and pretty good at getting under somebodies skin. A robot like Romney will seem even more like an android and a hothead like McCain will say some ridiculously stupid things.

Obama can just kind of hang out and keep up the Hope and Change spiel to try and get us college kids to wake up before noon on the 4th.
    Wrong, white-bread. Old Joe is not only a Howard Dean look alike with his shirtsleeves rolled up, he is a hot head and that Dean scream will be forthcoming. Believe me, we will see someone get the idea to dub Dean's voice in a Biden video. These 2 birds are amateurs and McCain will eat their lunches.

BTW, McCain has ran almost a perfect campaign with the exception of 1 or 2 flubs. The Magic Negro has so many that the Repubs will run out of ad money before they expose all of them.

Old Joe need to go to pretty boy's barber cause he looks like shit with hair growing over his ears. Not VP material if you ask me.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 08-24-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Looks like blinky and Biden have a lot in common, lies and exaggerations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEqyYUGk4I

The tape, which was made available by C-SPAN in response to a reporter’s request, showed a testy exchange in response to a question about his law school record from a man identified only as ”Frank.” Mr. Biden looked at his questioner and said: ”I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do.”

He then went on to say that he ”went to law school on a full academic scholarship - the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship,” Mr. Biden said. He also said that he ”ended up in the top half” of his class and won a prize in an international moot court competition. In college, Mr. Biden said in the appearance, he was ”the outstanding student in the political science department” and ”graduated with three degrees from college.”
    In his statement today, Mr. Biden, who attended the Syracuse College of Law and graduated 76th in a class of 85, acknowledged: ''I did not graduate in the top half of my class at law school and my recollection of this was inacurate.''

As for receiving three degrees, Mr. Biden said: ''I graduated from the University of Delaware with a double major in history and political science. My reference to degrees at the Claremont event was intended to refer to these majors - I said 'three' and should have said 'two.' '' Mr. Biden received a single B.A. in history and political science.

Mr. Biden acknowledged that in the testy exchange in New Hampshire, he had lost his temper. ''I exaggerate when I'm angry,'' Mr. Biden said, ''but I've never gone around telling people things that aren't true about me.'' Mr. Biden's questioner had made the query in a mild tone, but provoked an explosive response from Mr. Biden. 'Legitimate Questions of Press'

As for the continued, minute probing of his past, Mr. Biden told The Times: ''I guess every single word I've ever said is going to be dissected now.''
    Yes, they willl!
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...=&pagewanted=2

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    I'm sure there weren't any long lasting after effects. He seemed to recover extremely quickly and whatever had caused the problem seems to have been taken care of as well.
    I was just providing the info because someone brought up the brain surgery thing.
    It was 20 years ago and he's been fine (as far as I know).
    If it had really been effective, he'd have switched parties. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Having a running mate prone to very un-politically-correct comments like the "articulate and clean" statement and the "Indian accents in 711" help Obama, not hurt him.
    Unlikely. The Democrats are the PC party. It will be difficult to claim that Republicans are using "code words" with racist meanings when the number two man on the ticket has openly said racist things. Actually, if McCain's team is on the ball, that will be exactly how they spin the next race card that's put in play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Getting college kids up before noon is going to take more than hope and change.

Romney is no more a robot than Biden. In fact, Romney actually has a record of achievements outside of winning a popularity contest every six years, which pretty much sums up Biden's adult life. In addition to executive experience as the governor of a fairly large state, he has been an extremely successful entrepreneur and business executive. At the top of the ticket, McCain comes off as passionate and committed, while Obama comes off as a very cool punk who has never actually done anything except spout empty rhetoric. It's an easy choice.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

noonwitch
    I was hoping for Hillary to be the pick, but then, that's who I wanted to get the nomination to begin with.
    I'm a faithful democrat and I don't like Biden, so I think this could cost Obama big in November.

Should Obama lose this fall, she's free to run in 2012, though.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Should Obama lose this fall, she's free to run in 2012, though.
    Did Ted Kennedy run after Carter lost?

She is dead in the water if he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Did Ted Kennedy run after Carter lost?

I think his only serious run was in 1980 - THAT was a convention to remember! Wonder what DU would think of their two heroes.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

I think his only serious run was in 1980 - THAT was a convention to remember! Wonder what DU would think of their two heroes.
    LL, I was being rhetorical, the answer was no, because he was seen as having hurt Carter. :)

oops, I am just used to working reference!!

Look at this from DU

Raven Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 06:09 PM
    Original message
    To HRC holdouts: I will never vote for Sen. Clinton if this election
    is lost to the Democrats because of you guys. When you come looking for my vote some years from now, I will remember this and how destructive you were. I am a 62 year old female. Beyond childbearing. Why should I care if you have the right to decide the fate of your own body. It is not my problem anymore. If you blow this opportunity this year, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. I WILL NOT FORGET.