Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "S.Korea Responds,China watches, Japan prepares,Obama and UN Condemns" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    China says it is carefully watching impact of N. Korean attack

HONG KONG, Nov. 23 (Yonhap) -- The Chinese government said Tuesday it is keeping tabs on the situation surrounding North Korea's abrupt artillery attack on a South Korean island in the West Sea

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...010000320.HTML
    Last edited by megimoo; 11-23-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    China says it is carefully watching impact of N. Korean attack

HONG KONG, Nov. 23 (Yonhap) -- The Chinese government said Tuesday it is keeping tabs on the situation surrounding North Korea's abrupt artillery attack on a South Korean island in the West Sea

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...010000320.HTML
    That Fat North Korean kid is showing the world his muscles.

World Edgy on Korea, Russia Sees 'Colossal Danger'

snip
    "The shelling is likely succession-related in that the DPRK (North Korea) is seeking to build political capital for Kim Jong-un by attempting to enhance the perception of Jong-un's power base," said Brittany Damora, analyst at the risk advisory firm AKE.

"In the North's view, Yeonpyeong is a great target in that it can strengthen the perception of its position without a real risk of counter-attack."

Alastair Newton, political analyst at Nomura in London, said the South had made clear that it wanted to avoid an escalation, and that the sinking of the South Korean warship Cheonan in March, although denied by the North, had arguably been more serious because of the 46 lives lost.

"Bottom line: together with possible preparations for a third nuclear test and the revelation at the weekend of the uranium enrichment facility, this looks like it could be North Korea playing hardball in anticipation of coming back to the negotiating table," Newton said.
    snip
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/40333583

Notice China's response? I think the Chinese are up to their elbows in this. :mad:

I offer no proof, just a gut feeling.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Notice China's response? I think the Chinese are up to their elbows in this. :mad:

I offer no proof, just a gut feeling.
    North Korea is one of China's buffer zones between it and the Western world.China only 'reels' them in when they become a bit too ambitious.
    It suits China's purposes to have then act up just now to keep America and Japan on edge.N Korea responds to China's puppet strings if they wish to keep on eating !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    North Korea is one of China's buffer zones between it and the Western world.China only 'reels' them in when they become a bit too ambitious.
    It suits China's purposes to have then act up just now to keep America and Japan on edge.N Korea responds to China's puppet strings if they wish to keep on eating !
    Like I said, just a gut feeling. I do not trust China, they use North Korea to do their bidding and face no direct consequences them self.

The Art of War.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Like I said, just a gut feeling. I do not trust China, they use North Korea to do their bidding and face no direct consequences them self.

The Art of War.
    There's no reason to ever trust China.They see America as an upstart in the way of their quest for the worlds adoration because of their Ancient greatness .They see this as China's Century on the worlds stage . They plan and think in different terms than the Western world does.

The Art of War.

If I were part of the Chinese government, I would want to defend South Korea against the North before the US/West does anything. Then they can appeal to the SKs and say "we defended you against them when the west ignored you". They score a diplomatic victory over the US, and eventually maybe could convince the South Koreans that they have China's protection and no longer need the US. Then they take the whole Penninsula once the US military presence is gone.

Then, they can go for Taiwan, once they realize the US/West isn't going to do anything to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If I were part of the Chinese government, I would want to defend South Korea against the North before the US/West does anything. Then they can appeal to the SKs and say "we defended you against them when the west ignored you". They score a diplomatic victory over the US, and eventually maybe could convince the South Koreans that they have China's protection and no longer need the US. Then they take the whole Penninsula once the US military presence is gone.

Then, they can go for Taiwan, once they realize the US/West isn't going to do anything to stop them.
    China doesn't need to take the peninsula. Having another restive minority just makes their lives more complicated. North Korea effectively neutralizes South Korea as a threat, and that's just how China likes it. The problem with North Korea is that they have their own agenda, which depends on western aid, but because of the nature of the regime, they can't ask for it, it has to be demanded as a concession for not doing something that they are going to do anyway, like developing nuclear weapons. So, they act up,then demand negotiations, and try to wheedle something out of us in return for behaving. This is also timed so that it screws with the US, since Obama just had a very poor showing on his Asia trip. This rubs his nose in his failure to accomplish anything there.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

South Korea is hardly a threat to China, or anybody else. Let's just have a war and get it over with.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA