Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    What you say is true, but they DON'T play them every week.

Where the teams you mention in the bigger conferences play 2-4 patsies a year, Boise State and TCU play 2-3 decent teams a year and the rest of their schedule is filled with patsies.

This is not meant to disrespect Boise State or TCU, I think they deserve a chance to play in a PLAYOFF system. That would eliminate the issue.
    You don't think there are weak sisters in the Big 10 or SEC? For years Northwestern couldn't win a game. Indiana is always on the bottom and with the exception of a year or 2, so is Minnesota. And Boise St. can't help their conference but the truth to the matter is, they are a powerhouse team over the last few years. As was said, the established conferences want the whole pie for themselves and hate it that teams like Boise and TCU have been this competitive. These are the same arguments that used to be made in the 80's when BYU and Clemson won national titles.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You don't think there are weak sisters in the Big 10 or SEC? For years Northwestern couldn't win a game. Indiana is always on the bottom and with the exception of a year or 2, so is Minnesota. And Boise St. can't help their conference but the truth to the matter is, they are a powerhouse team over the last few years. As was said, the established conferences want the whole pie for themselves and hate it that teams like Boise and TCU have been this competitive. These are the same arguments that used to be made in the 80's when BYU and Clemson won national titles.

I would submit that the weakest Big Ten or SEC team would be a 2nd or 3rd place team in the conferences that TCU and Boise State play in.

I don't disagree that they deserve a shot at the title, but again, with a playoff system.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I can't stand Boise St field it fucking ugly and don't blame teams for not wanting to go there.

At lest Boise St is going to get a chance at proving themselves when they join the Big 12 (I think) and gets more exposer to bigger schools.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I can't stand Boise St field it fucking ugly and don't blame teams for not wanting to go there.

At lest Boise St is going to get a chance at proving themselves when they join the Big 12 (I think) and gets more exposer to bigger schools.

Yes, it is the blue field that makes the bigger conferences cringe....It isnt the fact that if a bigger school loses on the smurf turf that the bigger schools recruiting for that year goes to shit.

Boise State is the elite when it comes to home wins. If they were to beat an Ohio State in Boise, all hell would break loose. That is why teams refuse to come to Boise...they are afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Yes, it is the blue field that makes the bigger conferences cringe....It isnt the fact that if a bigger school loses on the smurf turf that the bigger schools recruiting for that year goes to shit.

Boise State is the elite when it comes to home wins. If they were to beat an Ohio State in Boise, all hell would break loose. That is why teams refuse to come to Boise...they are afraid.
    Still want to blow Boise St.'s horn?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Still want to blow Boise St.'s horn?
    You fucking betcha....What they have accomplished over the last few years has been nothing short of amazing and anybody who can honestly say they aren't an elite team, even after last nights loss doesn't know jack shit about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    You fucking betcha....What they have accomplished over the last few years has been nothing short of amazing and anybody who can honestly say they aren't an elite team, even after last nights loss doesn't know jack shit about football.
    Oh, snap. Son, I can run circles around you in football knowledge. And, no, BS is not an elite team.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    hey...all I'm going to say to the OSU pres is, WISCONSIN IS GOING TO THE ROSE BOWL!!!!!

of course a 3-way tie is the reason the Big 10 needs a Champ game, dipshit can't even get it right in his own conference and thinks it's a good thing how its set on the National stage.