Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Minnesota Teens Barred From Graduation for Displaying Confederate Flags on Pick-Ups 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

No Graduation Walk for Confederate Flag-Wavers
    BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (WCCO) Flying the Confederate flag has long been controversial in Southern states but now it's causing a heated debate at Kennedy High School in Bloomington, Minn. Three seniors who displayed the flag will not be allowed to attend their graduation ceremony Wednesday evening. "It was sitting like that in the parking lot," said Justin Thompson, as he held a Confederate flag that was hanging from a pole inside a pick-up truck bed. On Tuesday, three seniors, each with a rebel flag on the back of their pick-ups, parked at Kennedy High School. "I'm just a country type...

www.twincities.com/minnesota/ci_9478839
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-06-2008 at 08:35 AM.

I never understood the people who fly that flag with pride. What, exactly, is there to be proud about? The fact that you supported an evil and wicked cause...and lost?

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    I never understood the people who fly that flag with pride. What, exactly, is there to be proud about? The fact that you supported an evil and wicked cause...and lost?

Most who fly the flag do so to provoke, that said slavery was not the only cause of the divide back then.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post

:D

It has everything to do with American history, not hate, IMO.

Power CUer
    Since kids don't learn much history in school any more, has anyone pointed out to them that Minnesota is not a southern/confederate state?

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Since kids don't learn much history in school any more, has anyone pointed out to them that Minnesota is not a southern/confederate state?
    Prolly not. I lived in the liberal hell-hole of the Twin Citites for 12 years. I would guess anything to do with the Civil War would be off limits in the "PC" environment there.

Red-Neck wannabies - only in America.

Sounds like a bunch of normal kids just looking to put a bug up the butt of the so-called establishment.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    "I'm just a country type...]
    Which reminds me of........

But my favorite line of the interview is when Britney Spears addresses the incident of baby Sean Preston on her lap while driving: "I can’t go anywhere without someone judging me. I did it with my dad. I’d sit on his lap and I drive. We’re country." We’re country, ya’ll!!!!!!

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Which reminds me of........

But my favorite line of the interview is when Britney Spears addresses the incident of baby Sean Preston on her lap while driving: "I can’t go anywhere without someone judging me. I did it with my dad. I’d sit on his lap and I drive. We’re country." We’re country, ya’ll!!!!!!

Are you perchance eyeball's daddy ?

noonwitch
    You can't exactly make the southern cultural heritage argument so much in Minnesota.

My guess is that the kids knew they were breaking the rules, and did it to be little punks. Let them get their diploma in the mail.