Thread: Black Friday Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Black Friday Thread 
    Power CUer
    Drizzly and cool in the DC area, a sleepy day to follow Thanksgiving.

TOTD: Black Friday. Do you participate in the hype? Have you ever? I never have and never will. Christmas shopping can be so easy - a comfortable chair, bourbon on the rocks, a telephone or computer, and a pile of catalogs with turned back pages. Drink and dial; Christmas is done.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

TOTD: Used to work at Taco Bell in the mall. Worked a Black Friday once, was pretty crazy. I don't really do any Black Friday shopping though.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Power CUer
    OMG. I'm just picturing a lot of people eating at Taco Bell in a mall.... and SUDDENLY needing a bathroom ALL at the same time. :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The Lone Star State, Next to the Red River
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    OMG. I'm just picturing a lot of people eating at Taco Bell in a mall.... and SUDDENLY needing a bathroom ALL at the same time. :eek:

Poor bathrooms...... especially after yesterday !! :eek:

We don't have Black Friday here, but I have been following the Amazon Black Friday promotion, some great prices but sadly nothing I really need (or even want so far). :(

I do Black Friday sales on line, everybody has them.

I do the online Cyber Monday sales sometimes to order for Christmas.
    I have never participated in the Black Friday rituals. I can't think of anything
    I've ever needed or wanted bad enough to get up at 4:00 am and go stand
    in line for then get run over by a bunch of bargain shoppers.

There is nothing I want that bad that I'm willing to get up at 2am or wait in line like I'm getting concert tickets for.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

It should be warmer today. I'm waiting for a highly important UPS delivery.

TOTD: Nope, never have and probably never will. I also do the majority of my shopping online as needed. I hate recreational shopping and will only do it with the BFF if she promises drinks. I can mall crawl for a maximum of 2 hours before needing to flee.

When I do venture out to shop, I have a battle plan with with both strategic and tactical goals, a timeline, fallback points, and a surrender plan. :eek:

A pox on Black Friday :mad:

My mom used to drag me and my brother out for those. When I got old enough to say no, I said it.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot