Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    TANSTAAFL. asdf2231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The greatest country on Earth.
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I don't think so.

    I think the death penalty for desertion only is applicable if it is a declared war because of the phrase "during time of war". There is only one way to enter into a "time of war" and that is through the declaration by the Representatives of the people. The Commander in Chief can authorized deployment of troops and Congress can fund it but that is not the same legal status as a declaration of war.

    You can be punished for desertion under the UCMJ for but only put to death if it is a declared war.


    Congress never declared war.

    The Constitution of the United States prescribes that Congress declare war, if needed. They didn’t think it was needed in Iraq for some reason or another.
    You are correct.

    I was wrong on that point.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    You are correct.

    I was wrong on that point.
    It is a legal point but it doesn't excuse the fact that the ashole is a scumbag. He will probably get his ass kicked on a daily basis in a military prison by soldiers wearing combat patches.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    TANSTAAFL. asdf2231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The greatest country on Earth.
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    It is a legal point but it doesn't excuse the fact that the ashole is a scumbag. He will probably get his ass kicked on a daily basis in a military prison by soldiers wearing combat patches.
    Yea Verily.

    I was tickled to see that they recently decided to go for the death penalty for that murdering scumbag soldier recently.

    http://www.defenselink.mil/news/news....aspx?id=50670
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    This pathetic shitbag is going to get his ass whipped on a regular basis. Big difference between an Army stockade and a state prison.
    I did two months at the 8th Army Military Disciplinary Facility at Camp Humphries in Korea. Think Ranger or SEAL training without the swamp or beach and without weapons. PT Morning noon and night. I had a PT test a few days after I returned to my unit. Best PT score I ever got. The MPs at the stockade whipped me into that kind of shape.

    You think the attention to detail and adherance to discipline is tough in Boot Camp. It is nothing compared to what is expected, no, DEMANDED of you in a military prison. The cleanliness is up to surgical room standards and uniformnity is almost to an insane level.

    This piece of shit thought it was going to be rough in Iraq, wait until he gets to Ft. Lewis or Fort Leavenworth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    It is a legal point but it doesn't excuse the fact that the ashole is a scumbag. He will probably get his ass kicked on a daily basis in a military prison by soldiers wearing combat patches.
    He may get his ass kicked, but the soldiers won't be wearing combat patches. The only things on your uniform are your name and US Army tags. All rank, patches and qualifying insignia (Jump Wings, CIB, Pathfinder, Air Assault, Combat Patches) are all removed. The only distinction between soldiers is that officer prisoners are segregated from enlisted prisoners.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    The Military doesn't run prisons anymore. They turned them over to the Feds or are in the process of doing so.

    Correction: The Military still runs their 3 military systems. The Idea of turning the job over to the federal Bureau of Prisons has been & is being considered.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-23-2008 at 02:54 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I did two months at the 8th Army Military Disciplinary Facility at Camp Humphries in Korea. Think Ranger or SEAL training without the swamp or beach and without weapons. PT Morning noon and night. I had a PT test a few days after I returned to my unit. Best PT score I ever got. The MPs at the stockade whipped me into that kind of shape.

    You think the attention to detail and adherance to discipline is tough in Boot Camp. It is nothing compared to what is expected, no, DEMANDED of you in a military prison. The cleanliness is up to surgical room standards and uniformnity is almost to an insane level.

    This piece of shit thought it was going to be rough in Iraq, wait until he gets to Ft. Lewis or Fort Leavenworth.
    My brother was an MP at Fort Gordon GA. They practiced hand to hand combat, judo and PT and guarded the prisoners at the stockade. Just for kicks, he would box all comers in the prison. Before I went to Germany, I watched those guys train. Was not my cup of tea for sure.

    This little mousy antsy pantsy prick does not know what he is in for. Deserters would be about as accepting in the stockade in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    My brother was an MP at Fort Gordon GA. They practiced hand to hand combat, judo and PT and guarded the prisoners at the stockade. Just for kicks, he would box all comers in the prison. Before I went to Germany, I watched those guys train. Was not my cup of tea for sure.

    This little mousy antsy pantsy prick does not know what he is in for. Deserters would be about as accepting in the stockade in my opinion.
    He will not be loved by the inmates either. Contrary to what you may think, most of the inmates do not have any ill toward the army. They are there for what one may call "extra curricular activities" not because they did anything against the army. Many of them (I was one) still have a great love for and great pride in their service.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Wonder what his DUmmie nickname is?

    A Fort Carson deserter who holed up in Canada for nearly three years was sentenced to prison today after a military court hearing that the defense tried to turn into an indictment of the Iraq war.

    Pfc. Robin Long, who fled rather than reporting for duty at Fort Carson in 2005 told court-martial judge Col. Debra Boudreau that he left the country because of moral objections to what he termed an "illegal war." The judge came back with a 15-month sentence after prosecutors argued that Long "abandoned his duty, his honor and his country."

    Long joined the Army in 2003, after the Iraq invasion, and was assigned to Fort Carson in early 2005, but never arrived at the post. Instead the 24-year-old first hid in his hometown of Boise, Idaho, before heading north to seek refugee status from Canadian authorities in a bid to avoid a possible deployment to Iraq.

    The Canadians turned back Long's last appeal in July and sent him back to the United States, where he was taken into custody by the Army on July 15 at the border in Washington state.

    :)

    He should have gotten 15 years.
    Yep. He got off easy, the coward.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    He will not be loved by the inmates either. Contrary to what you may think, most of the inmates do not have any ill toward the army. They are there for what one may call "extra curricular activities" not because they did anything against the army. Many of them (I was one) still have a great love for and great pride in their service.
    I know all about those extra curricular activities. Them women folks will make a soldier do some stupid things like missing bed check and/or going AWOL. I came close to going to the stockade also.

    This asshole will get his share of beating by the inmates. The good part is that all the whining you can do in a state prison will do you no good in a military stockade.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •