1. #1 Sunday Thread: The Sunday Paper 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Cool and Clear on the Mountain. 29 degrees right now.

On my way to church. Afterwards, a quick bite of lunch (leftover turkey, dressing, etc.) and FOOTBALL.

TOTD: The Sunday Newspaper. Do you read one? If so, which one? And do you have a paper Paper or read it online?

Or, for that matter, do you read any newspaper? Do you still read a newspaper or do you get your news in other ways, online, news mags, etc?

TOTD: also, if you do read a Sunday paper, what's your favorite sections? I like the Opinion section, Sports, and Arts and Book Reviews.

Thing is, where I live, The Atlanta Journal Constitution doesn't deliver up here anymore. Period. You can get an AJC Sunday paper at Ingles (grocery store) but it comes out on Saturday.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Thing is, where I live, The Atlanta Journal Constitution doesn't deliver up here anymore. Period. You can get an AJC Sunday paper at Ingles (grocery store) but it comes out on Saturday.
    If you hillbillies would turn loose the paperboys maybe they could!:eek:
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I don't get any paper papers anymore. I read a bunch online though. Our local paper has an electronic edition that is the exact same printed copy only digitized. So you flip the pages and see it just exactly as it would look if you bought the paper edition. I like that. On my local paper site, I mainly skim the news headlines, check the obits to see if I'm in there and glance through the classified ads.

Then I also read the headlines of major newspapers around the world. On Sundays I usually look always at the Dallas, Austin, Houston paper headlines online for state happenings. Then I look if I have the time at one or two national sites (LA, NYT, Denver, Miami, DC, Boston). On those I usually just skim the front page headlines. Occasionally I also check out the UK headlines.

For a news service I like www.CNSNews.com They do a good job there of reporting good stories that get ignored by the major papers.

When we susbscribed to the paper - I only read the ads, the funnies, and did the crossword. The rest of the paper is pure rubbish. I'd be ashamed to line a bird cage with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.:mad: Now it's just easier to get news online.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Sunny and Chilly

TOTD: I read my local papers; The Daily Journal and The Bridgeton Evening News but they don't have a Sunday paper but they do have inserts and stuff on Saturdays. For a Sunday paper, it's either the Philadelphia Inquirer or the Atlantic City Press. Of those, I like the Parade Magazine, sports, comics, Life, region and entertainment.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Cool and Clear on the Mountain. 29 degrees right now.

On my way to church. Afterwards, a quick bite of lunch (leftover turkey, dressing, etc.) and FOOTBALL.

TOTD: The Sunday Newspaper. Do you read one? If so, which one? And do you have a paper Paper or read it online?

Or, for that matter, do you read any newspaper? Do you still read a newspaper or do you get your news in other ways, online, news mags, etc?

TOTD: also, if you do read a Sunday paper, what's your favorite sections? I like the Opinion section, Sports, and Arts and Book Reviews.

Dood, you ain't missing nothing with the ajc, it's the same liberal rag it has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Kennedy View Post
    Dood, you ain't missing nothing with the ajc, it's the same liberal rag it has always been.
    Yep, and they dumbed it down too. I mentioned it because it was the only paper to have any kind of claim to being a "state" newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If you hillbillies would turn loose the paperboys maybe they could!:eek:
    If they wanted to go home they'd chew through the duct tape and tell us.