Thread: Social Security

1. #1 Social Security 
    Banned
    Hey

Disagree or agree with this, and I'm not sure on this and that's why I'm posting it here--for debate--
    But I heard someone say that Social Security isn't really an ''entitlement'' in the way that say, Food Stamps or Welfare, are because you actually pay into it--So in essence, it's not something you get for nothing.

Also, I heard that if Social Security wasn't put into the General Fund back in the 1960s, it wouldn't have the money problems it does today--That the problems it has today are from politics raping the trust fund.

And lastly, I heard that SS was originally supposed to be a supplement to someone's retirement--It wasn't meant to be a person's entire retirement fund.

Are all these true?

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Hey

Disagree or agree with this, and I'm not sure on this and that's why I'm posting it here--for debate--
    But I heard someone say that Social Security isn't really an ''entitlement'' in the way that say, Food Stamps or Welfare, are because you actually pay into it--So in essence, it's not something you get for nothing.

Also, I heard that if Social Security wasn't put into the General Fund back in the 1960s, it wouldn't have the money problems it does today--That the problems it has today are from politics raping the trust fund.

And lastly, I heard that SS was originally supposed to be a supplement to someone's retirement--It wasn't meant to be a person's entire retirement fund.

Are all these true?
    It was when they started using the fund for disability that it became a form of welfare.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

That's pretty much true.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.