Thread: Wikileaks Stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Wikileaks Stuff 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,078
    This is of course a hot story and I know people will post about it but I'm asking everyone to limit their stories to just stuff from the New York Times or The Guardian.


    Anything else and it may be deleted.

    Thx.


    SR
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,035
    Just a note, the WikiLeaks [dot]org was shut down, but it's back up as a [dot]ch domain name.

    [dot]ch is China.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    No, .ch is Switzerland.
    20010911
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Just a note, the WikiLeaks [dot]org was shut down, but it's back up as a [dot]ch domain name.

    [dot]ch is China.
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    No, .ch is Switzerland.
    Yep. .cn is China. .ch is Switzerland.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Bleda
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    This is of course a hot story and I know people will post about it but I'm asking everyone to limit their stories to just stuff from the New York Times or The Guardian.


    Anything else and it may be deleted.

    Thx.


    SR
    May I ask why? Do you mean no one should link to Wikileaks itself, but CNN and similar news outlets are allowed? I don't understand why it's just the NYT and Guardian.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    May I ask why? Do you mean no one should link to Wikileaks itself, but CNN and similar news outlets are allowed? I don't understand why it's just the NYT and Guardian.
    Legal issues. Pissed off government. Lots of words. Shut the website down. Yadda yadda yadda.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Bleda
    Guest
    So why not CNN, Fox News, and others? Or am I misunderstanding and SR is referring to original Wikileaks material published by the New York Times, the Guardian, Der Spiegel, Le Monde and El Pais?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    So why not CNN, Fox News, and others? Or am I misunderstanding and SR is referring to original Wikileaks material published by the New York Times, the Guardian, Der Spiegel, Le Monde and El Pais?
    Because that is the information that was passed to us by official sources. Op Ed peices discussing the leaks are fine, but anything that actually referrences the leaks specifically must come from those sites or will be deleted.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Bleda
    Guest
    I see. I'm guessing it's for accuracy's sake.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    I really don't think we should any of us be party to posting specifics from those documents myself . . . . Why would any of us want to contribute to what amounts to treason and espionage??
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •