Thread: Women

1. #1 Women 
    Banned
    This might sound dumb...
    But I've been reading about Missing Persons cases..Most of which seem to involve women who are abducted, usually killed...and it's bred in me this odd desire to want to protect women. I don't really care about guys or their plight, as heartless as that may sound, but I believe more men should make it part of their duty to protect the women and girls in their lives--Even those girls who aren't their wives or family.

Too many women and girls go missing each year and wind up being raped and/or killed, and it isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    This might sound dumb...
    But I've been reading about Missing Persons cases..Most of which seem to involve women who are abducted, usually killed...and it's bred in me this odd desire to want to protect women. I don't really care about guys or their plight, as heartless as that may sound, but I believe more men should make it part of their duty to protect the women and girls in their lives--Even those girls who aren't their wives or family.

Too many women and girls go missing each year and wind up being raped and/or killed, and it isn't right.
    Men can't protect women from these crimes without keeping women prisoners in their own homes.

Women fall victim to these abductions, rapes, and murders because they underestimate dangerous situations, overestimate the trustworthiness of chance sexual partners, and because they voluntarily impair themselves in novel situations by getting drunk or taking drugs or both.

Men can't do anything about these behaviors unless they were willing to reject willing, drunk women sexually. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that one to happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Men can't protect women from these crimes without keeping women prisoners in their own homes.

Women fall victim to these abductions, rapes, and murders because they underestimate dangerous situations, overestimate the trustworthiness of chance sexual partners, and because they voluntarily impair themselves in novel situations by getting drunk or taking drugs or both.

Men can't do anything about these behaviors unless they were willing to reject willing, drunk women sexually. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that one to happen.
    I know its kind of impossible, but I hate it nonetheless.

And I'd reject a ''willing, drunk woman'' sexually because a drunk girl (In my opinion) can't give informed consent. I'd probably take her home though, not to my place but her own house so she got home safely.

And I'd reject a ''willing, drunk woman'' sexually because a drunk girl (In my opinion) can't give informed consent. I'd probably take her home though, not to my place but her own house so she got home safely.
    Good for you! Most men would just take advantage of the situation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Good for you! Most men would just take advantage of the situation.
    Well you see, I'm not like most guys. I always take into the account that ''this is some other guy's daughter and/or sister, how would I feel if it was my own" when dealing with girls.
    I try to be as respectful as I can. I'm very old fashioned in that regard.

An Adversary of Linda #'s

In you the spirit of Don Quixote lives again !:D

Well you see, I'm not like most guys. I always take into the account that ''this is some other guy's daughter and/or sister, how would I feel if it was my own" when dealing with girls.
    I try to be as respectful as I can. I'm very old fashioned in that regard.
    How old are you, Middle? I'm guessing, by your screen name, that you are about 20. If so, your parents have done a wonderful job with your upbringing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    How old are you, Middle? I'm guessing, by your screen name, that you are about 20. If so, your parents have done a wonderful job with your upbringing.
    20 on the dot.
    Thank you. I'm actually not really like them. They're very cynical and close minded. I always try to think of new ideas and they tell me that all my ideas won't really amount to anything because nothing ever changes...That point of view (that nothing will ever change as much as you may want it to) is kind of depressing to me.
    If you ever met my family, you'd think I was adopted. I'm much more sentimental, for one, than the rest of them.

20 on the dot.
    Thank you. I'm actually not really like them. They're very cynical and close minded. I always try to think of new ideas and they tell me that all my ideas won't really amount to anything because nothing ever changes...That point of view (that nothing will ever change as much as you may want it to) is kind of depressing to me.
    If you ever met my family, you'd think I was adopted. I'm much more sentimental, for one, than the rest of them.
    Wait until you're 45...then you'll start to see the wisdom of their cynicism. But in the meantime, they've certainly instilled some very good values in you and it's nice to see that in a young man.

I have always felt the same way, even when I was your age. I didn't want a woman waking up next to me and wondering how she got there, and then regretting it, and it offended my sense of honor to take advantage of a woman who couldn't control herself.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!