Thread: Gold mine! This one has it ALL!

1. #1 Gold mine! This one has it ALL! 
    Class envy, sheer stupidity, a complete and total lack of even the slightest economic forethought, and best of all, someone just slapping them fucking silly all the way through.

Hilarious!

TBF (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 05:43 PM
    Original message
    How billionaires have fun -

While you are wondering how to pay the bills, put food on the table, and praying that you still have a job (or you're looking for one) - this is what the billionaires have been doing with their massive tax breaks:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40316726
    Of course, when billionaires actually buy these things, they materialize out of thin air. No one actually makes these things for billionaires....

Warren just keeps on hitting them upside the head with a fish ...
    Warren DeMontague (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 06:06 PM
    Response to Original message
    13. I think development of a robust space tourism industry is a GOOD thing.

So sue me.
    lunatica (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 06:19 PM
    Response to Reply #13
    14. robust? For the handful of Billionaires who just have to go because they can?

What's so robust about that?
    Atypical Liberal (74 posts) Sun Nov-28-10 06:34 PM
    Response to Reply #14
    16. The computer you are typing on, for one thing.

Do we have to go down the laundry list of everyday items that are directly attributable to the space program?

Or the fact that you are, for good or ill, probably living in a country directly as a result of man's innate desire to explore and conquer?

Space exploration is not about fun.

To quote JFK, "We will do these things not because they are easy but because they are hard!"

Man I wish we had his vision today.
    Ruh roh! He played the Kennedy card! NOW what are the going to do?

I know! DEFLECT! DEFLECT!
    TBF (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 06:37 PM
    Response to Reply #16
    18. "Man's innate desire to explore and conquer" -

well I suppose that is one way to describe genocide of Native Americans ...
    Warren DeMontague (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 07:57 PM
    Response to Reply #18
    24. Or man's innate desire to use red herrings and totally unrelated shit

to try to make sort of ambiguous, silly points.

(Unless you're concerned about the Indigenous Moon People-- we've had some of that, here, too.)
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAA!!!

TBF (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 08:24 PM
    Response to Reply #24
    33. That quote was directly from your text - if you don't want to discuss

something feel free not to include it in your post.
    Warren DeMontague (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 09:31 PM
    Response to Reply #33
    41. Actually, although I do subscribe to the philosophical notion that we are all, after a sense, one

the text you are talking about didn't come from me.

And you added on the part about Native Americans... so I ask again- is this about the Native Americans on the moon? Are we still smarting from the moon bombing, here?
    TBF (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 09:40 PM
    Response to Reply #41
    46. The post we were discussing, from Atypical Liberal, which you chose to

defend used the sentence "probably living in a country directly as a result of man's innate desire to explore and conquer". I simply applied that to the country I live in. That seems a logical connection to me, but again YMMV.
    Atypical Liberal (74 posts) Sun Nov-28-10 09:59 PM
    Response to Reply #46
    50. So are you happy with the country you live in or not?

I am. I think our country is one of the finest examples of civilization and governance that mankind has come up with. Has it does many wrong things? Of course it has. But I suspect that there are many places to live that would please you less. So assuming you live here in the United States with me, and share a high regard for this country, then you are, for good or for ill, living here as a result of man's innate desire to explore and conquer new places.
    blindpig (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-29-10 08:44 AM
    Response to Reply #50
    59. It is a source of shame, we live on the backs of the world.

The USA, built on stolen land with slave labor, I'm so fucking proud. The greatest hegemon in history, spreading death, destruction and thievery across the planet, what's not to like?

And of course that 'we' ain't really us, who survive on the crumbs of empire, and even those crumbs diminishing. The top 10% rides the working class into the dirt and thens blames us for the collapse, guess you're proud of that too.

You're not an atypical liberal, maybe a little more honest.
    Atypical Liberal (74 posts) Mon Nov-29-10 10:06 AM
    Response to Reply #59
    62. I'm sorry you feel that way.

I happen to think that our country is pretty good, despite its flaws. I'm certainly thankful for the life I've been able to have growing up here, and I'm glad my children are growing up here and not in some place lacking even the illusion of democracy, or clean water to drink, or easy access to food and education.

And I have news for you: just about every piece of land on the planet is stolen land built with slave labor.
    TBF (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-29-10 12:32 PM
    Response to Reply #62
    64. "just about every piece of land on the planet is stolen land built with slave labor"

I'm not sure I know enough history to argue with you on that, but I bet you're not far off. But the thing about being more evolved is that we can think though that sort of behavior and discontinue it. As John Lennon said via song "War is Over if you want it" - you have to want it and work towards it.

There are different ways to go about that, whether waiting for evolution or looking towards revolution.
    Yes, DUmmie, throughout history, every single people on this earth have been enslaved by other people at one time or another. Time to get your head out of your ass and learn some actual history, instead of that Leftist spew that your tenured hippie professor brainwashed you with in your freshman year.
    Warren DeMontague (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-29-10 12:41 PM
    Response to Reply #64
    71. Did someone mention John Lennon?

I'll tell you, the would-be Stalinists didn't like this tune, when it came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78

Hugabear (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 08:12 PM
    Response to Reply #24
    32. No, but we are polluting the hell out of space

Since we've started going into space, we've left tons of debris floating around in orbit. We've even left trash on the moon. It's virtually impossible for humans to go anywhere and not have a negative impact.
    :eek:

Clearly what we need is a municipal space recycling program. Venus' day for recyclables is Tuesday, Mars' day is Thursday, Saturn's day is Friday....

And then something unusual for DU happens: a breakout of common sense:
    A HERETIC I AM (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 08:53 PM
    Response to Reply #32
    40. Just in case you hadn't noticed, space is a pretty big place....

and we are "polluting the hell out of" an incredibly tiny portion of it. Space is already polluted far beyond what we could ever add to it, if you consider the amount of dust and rocks floating through our solar system.

As far as the "trash on the moon" comment, again, incredibly tiny amounts compared to the whole and most of it was not trash.

Unless you want to call the Lunar Landers and the Rovers trash. The rovers BTW will likely run just fine with new batteries when they are visited again, so they aren't trash, just parked.

I find comments like this amusing. It's like when, during the Gulf Oil Spill, a few tar balls were found in the Keys (something that is found all the time and has been for decades) and some DU'r exclaimed that the Florida Keys were now "Ruined". Ridiculous.
    hobbit709 (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-29-10 08:49 AM
    Response to Reply #32
    60. space doesn't care

One of these days space will return it at at 25K mph+
    NickB79 (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-29-10 08:55 AM
    Response to Reply #32
    61. Polluting space? Like it's not already full of micrometeorites and radiation?

What is the difference between a micrometeorite and a stray lugnut doing 25000 mph in orbit?
    Warren DeMontague (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-29-10 12:42 PM
    Response to Reply #61
    73. One has the taint of humanity's capitalist evil eco-badness all over it.

And as such is evidence of our viral infection on the pristine universe at large.
    LMAO!!! HHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*thwap*

Oh, this is a good one! :D
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Funny how this TBF person has no desire to move.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Common sense, a sense of history and a little hope beat the sh*t out Moonbat insanity.

You gotta lov' it :D:D:D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Noonwitch, are you moling again?! :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Warren DeMontague (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 06:06 PM
    Response to Original message
    13. I think development of a robust space tourism industry is a GOOD thing.

So sue me.
    Quote:
    lunatica (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-28-10 06:19 PM
    Response to Reply #13
    14. robust? For the handful of Billionaires who just have to go because they can?

What's so robust about that?
    Did lunatic miss the "industry" thingy?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Did lunatic miss the "industry" thingy?

He/she missed the whole intelligence thingy - as in she is lacking any.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Reminds of a guy I knew.

He didn't think we should explore space until we fixed all the problems here on Earth first.

I always thinK of HITCHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY whenever I hear someone bitching about exploring. " Many people thought leaving the trees had been a bad idea, while others thought even the trees had been a bad move and no one should have left the oceans."

Excusing me if I don't wish to live and die in a pile of my own sh*t.

If you want your life to be numb, boring, and pretty much unremembered, go right ahead; I dhoose a different course.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Good for the billionaires. Another thing that every one mentioned in the article has in common is that they are self-made billionaires.