1. #1 TENNESSEE Sen. Ophelia Ford rails on state funeral fees 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

NASHVILLE -- State Sen. Ophelia Ford -- already a YouTube star for her snarling "what you're saying ain't hittin' on nothin' with me" speech last year -- was back at it last week, berating regulators about new state fees on the funeral industry.

"ENTER DUMB AND DUMBER !"

( She demanded regulators disclose who imposed a new $150 biannual registration fee on preneed funeral sales agents and what it's for.---Turns out that Ford and her legislative colleagues imposed the fee.---)

Acknowledging that she's a licensed funeral director, Ford complained in a legislative hearing Aug. 13 that fees are going to "eat us up and put us out of business."

Friends, family come together at fire victims' memorial

She demanded regulators disclose who imposed a new $150 biannual registration fee on preneed funeral sales agents and what it's for.

Turns out that Ford and her legislative colleagues imposed the fee.

Ford voted twice in favor of the 2007 Prepaid Funeral Benefits Act, which placed preneed funeral contracts and their sales agents under regulatory oversight by the state Department of Commerce and Insurance and required DCI to levy fees to pay for the regulation so that taxpayers wouldn't have to.

The act was adopted by the legislature in 2007 after more than 13,000 people were almost left holding worthless preneed policies sold through Forest Hill Funeral Homes of Memphis.

Last week's hearing by the Government Operations Committee was held to review rules drafted by state agencies to carry out new laws. DCI staff attorney Adrian Chick and Robert Gribble, staff director of the Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers, presented the draft rules to the committee, which delayed approving the rules after Ford and other members asked for a list of all state fees on funeral homes.
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...-funeral-fees/

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    With geniuses like Senator Ford working on it, doing something about this pre-need funeral stuff will be quite an undertaking.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    With geniuses like Senator Ford working on it, doing something about this pre-need funeral stuff will be quite an undertaking.
    Being a black Democratic politician who has never seen a tax that they did not like until it comes back to bite them in the ass, this type of response does not surprise me.

As a sales tax auditor, I received many calls from legislators about sales tax laws that these morons passed. When one of their constituents would call them complaining about the tax, it was all I could do to restrain myself from telling them, you are the ones that passed those taxes; so what do you want me to do about it.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Being a black Democratic politician who has never seen a tax that they did not like until it comes back to bite them in the ass, this type of response does not surprise me.

As a sales tax auditor, I received many calls from legislators about sales tax laws that these morons passed. When one of their constituents would call them complaining about the tax, it was all I could do to restrain myself from telling them, you are the ones that passed those taxes; so what do you want me to do about it.
    True Dat. Methinks she doth protest too much. And then some.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

This is the result of Blacks voting for Blacks because they're Black. The Fords have been a boil on the butt of Memphians and Tennesseans for too many years.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The whole Ford family is a disgrace.

So drunk she fell off barstool:
    The manager confirmed that he made a 911 call on Ford's behalf Tuesday night and that he told 911 dispatchers about Ford's condition.

Dispatchers got the call about what was apparently going on in the Concierge Lounge on the 24th floor.

“I need someone to come take a look at one of our guests. She took a fall off one of our chairs upstairs in the concierge lounge on the 24th floor. She’s extremely intoxicated,” the manager told the 911 dispatcher.

Dispatchers asked the manager again what was wrong with the patient.

“What caused the fall?” said the dispatcher.

“Intoxication,” the manager said.