Thread: Women get more stressed out about Facebook than men, according to survey

1. #1 Women get more stressed out about Facebook than men, according to survey 
    Women get more stressed out about Facebook than men, according to survey

* By Sarah Malik
    * November 29, 2010 2:45PM

A survey has found women feel more pressure than men to be interesting on social networks. Source: The Courier-Mail

SOCIAL media is causing people to become increasingly anxious as users feel pressured to be constantly connected, a new survey says.

According to the Cenovis Chill Pill Survey, 63 per cent of respondents feel social media is contributing to stress levels.

About a third (37 per cent) of these people feel under pressure to be in constant contact, and 35 per cent say there is an expectation to respond quickly to messages.

Thirteen per cent of stressed users say they feel pressure to be witty in writing status updates on Facebook.

La Trobe University law student Nikkita Venville says she can relate to the survey's findings.

"There's a bit of pressure to have a unique status that people will laugh at and press the 'like' button," the 24-year-old from Melbourne said.

Ms Venville said she felt "out of loop" if she did not check or respond to messages on Facebook regularly.

"You always have to know what's going on," she said.

"Even when you're out you think, 'I wonder what's on Facebook', and it's the first thing I have to check."

The survey also found that women feel more stressed than men, with 69 per cent saying they felt pressure to be interesting in their status updates, as opposed to only 39 per cent of men.

Ms Venville said that she was spending so much time on Facebook that she asked her sister to change her password so she could study for her exams.
    Finally. A vice I don't have.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/wo...#ixzz16mSALGtP

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Finally. A vice I don't have.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/wo...#ixzz16mSALGtP
    Facebook has turned into a real 'meat market' display for some young woman.Some pose in the most provocative way possible showing as much boob as they can While others should just be 'x' rated !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Facebook has turned into a real 'meat market' display for some young woman.Some pose in the most provocative way possible showing as much boob as they can While others should just be 'x' rated !
    And you know this how, Moo? :p