Thread: Hello, hello!

1. #1 Hello, hello! 
    I was a member here a while ago (can't even remember my old user name) and figured I'd come on back!

I'm from New England. Late 20s, married, mechanical engineer who enjoys knitting, vegetable gardening, and reading. Mr. Bug and I have a dog and a cat, no kids yet.

My brother is on active duty in the military, he recently re-enlisted, and we're very proud of him. We support our troops regardless of politics.

We live in a mostly-Dem, middle-class community about 30 minutes outside Hartford, CT. I tend to be a fiscal conservative and social moderate. Mr. Bug is politically independent, but his family is quite liberal and it leads to some interesting discussions at Sunday dinner!

Power CUer
    Welcome! Or welcome back, as the case may be. :)

Welcome back! Glad to have you here. Many thanks to your brother for his service and your family for their sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post
    I was a member here a while ago (can't even remember my old user name) and figured I'd come on back!

I'm from New England. Late 20s, married, mechanical engineer who enjoys knitting, vegetable gardening, and reading. Mr. Bug and I have a dog and a cat, no kids yet.

My brother is on active duty in the military, he recently re-enlisted, and we're very proud of him. We support our troops regardless of politics.

We live in a mostly-Dem, middle-class community about 30 minutes outside Hartford, CT. I tend to be a fiscal conservative and social moderate. Mr. Bug is politically independent, but his family is quite liberal and it leads to some interesting discussions at Sunday dinner!

Welcome, glad to have you. Don't know about your husband though. We don't have too many guys that enjoy knitting. We could probably intoduce to some of our Bed, Bath and Beyond shoppers, I guess. ;)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I don't know why you say goodbye...This song has been stuck in my head because of this thread title. I guess it's better than ABBA.:p

Welcome back blah blah blah.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Welcome, glad to have you. Don't know about your husband though. We don't have too many guys that enjoy knitting. We could probably intoduce to some of our Bed, Bath and Beyond shoppers, I guess. ;)
    :D HE doesn't knit, just enjoys what I make for him.

He's a tough nut politically - convinced (possibly rightfully so) that the majority of politicians are out for themselves and not the people they represent. We see a lot of that in local and state politics. He, like me, is something of a social moderate/libertarian and as he earns more money and loses more to taxes he becomes more fiscally conservative. ;)

Welcome back!

I adore knitting although my husband sometimes mistakes knitting needles for disposable kebab skewers. :D