1. #1 New Policy of DNC 
    I subscribe to the DNC newsletters for chuckles and this one just came in. Good timing hey?
    Dear Friend,
    I wanted to drop you a quick note about a major policy change here at the Democratic Party.
    As we move toward the general election, the Democratic Party has to be the Party of ordinary Americans, not Washington lobbyists and special interests. So, as of this morning, if you're a federal lobbyist, or if you control political action committee donations, we won't be accepting your contribution.
    This is an unprecedented move for a political party to make -- one that has sent shockwaves through Washington and has turned the debate on clean campaigns upside down. We've unilaterally agreed to shut lobbyists out of the process, and are we're relying on people just like you.
    (snip)
    Imagine the signal that it sends to anyone who looks at John McCain's political machine and the special interest money it needs to fuel every move it makes.
    Thanks,
    Howard Dean
    Who does Dean think he is kidding? Psssst – “Lobbyists go to the back door from now on – not the front door anymore please”.

Eyelids
    Very smart move by the DNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooster View Post
    I subscribe to the DNC newsletters for chuckles and this one just came in. Good timing hey?
    Who does Dean think he is kidding? Psssst – “Lobbyists go to the back door from now on – not the front door anymore please”.
    Also makes him more dependent on Hillary's donor list:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/us...l?ref=politics

Several of Mr. Obama’s finance officials say that if Mrs. Clinton drops out of the race, they will invite her top fund-raisers to join his national finance committee at a meeting in Chicago on June 19. They estimate that the well-connected Clinton team could raise $50 million to $75 million for Mr. Obama and even more for the Democratic Party, adding to the already record-shattering amounts his campaign is receiving from small donors over the Internet.

So far, the contact between the two campaigns has been limited to informal talks among fund-raisers in major cities, and Mr. Obama’s advisers emphasized that they would not take any steps to court Mrs. Clinton’s fund-raisers as long as she remained in the race. But top fund-raisers in both camps say they have always expected to coalesce behind the nominee. And Mr. Obama’s advisers say that strong support from the Clinton fund-raising machine could be important to their campaign if, as is widely expected, he opts out of the public financing system in the general election against Senator John McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee....

I already know lots of Clinton Dems who won't give a penny to Obama, no matter what pretty speech they make Hillary make in favor of this empty suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Very smart move by the DNC.
    "Smart" and "DNC" (or anything involving Democrats) are 2 things that don't go together in any sentence. I know spellcheckers don't currently catch that error, but in the future they probably will.

Does this mean they won't except donations from Moveon.org?