1. #1 Most of you, I see, still buy into the illusion of a democracy. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We're all DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!

Joe Fields (1000+ posts) Thu Dec-02-10 02:27 AM
    Original message Most of you, I see, still buy into the illusion of a democracy.

Edited on Thu Dec-02-10 02:50 AM by Joe Fields

It's not the players. The players really don't matter. They all have roles to play. It's the game and its rules that matter. Rules that most of you aren't willing to acknowledge. (for owning up to them would make you face some harsh realities.)

This country is in its end game. The powers that be have (almost) sucked our resources and capital dry.

I like this message board and I praise Skinner for relaxing some more rules to accommodate the extreme dissatisfaction many of us feel about our party and its leadership, policies and votes on certain issues. I get a lot of great information from several dedicated DUers on a daily basis.

I don't wish to be tombstoned, but really people, democracy is dead. There is only one side of the coin. This system is so damned corrupted that it really doesn't matter anymore who is in office, or what bill gets out of committee, or whether what scandal gets exposed, because it really is just bread and circuses, dog and pony shows, media makeovers, or whatever the hell else you want to call this shit.

We are in a lot of pain, as a nation right now, and we haven't begun to see how much pain we are yet to endure. Multinational corporations will dictate that to us in the coming years, with Washington's tacit approval, via media messaging.

When will this end? Don't know. A lot depends on when average citizens begin to quit paying more attention to "Dancing With the Stars" and questioning and researching and thinking for themselves and stopping listening to the media prophets.

I cry for my what my Democratic party used to represent. I cry now for my country. I feel like I am seeing a train wreck coming in slow motion and there is absolutely no way to stop it.

Skinner, please don't ban me for this.

Peace, everyone.

Another dissed DUmmie!!! And a proud member of the DU Doom&Gloom crowd.
    May the FORCE be with you!

They vote these people in then complain that things don't go their way? I've seen some babies in my day...
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Democracy? What the hell is a democracy?

Joe, America is a Republic.

So stop whinning and be a man for God Sake.

The Tea Party proved that actions work, not jumping up and down with a sign, bitching.

You got everything you wanted for two years, and you're bitching.

So shut the f*ck already and take your meds for cryin' out loud.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Wow, what a revelation. Congress has been outspending itself for nearly half of a century. Yet the people who have woken up and spoken up, The Tea Party, are summarily dissed by the Dems who want to dig the hole even deeper.