Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 "Boss Orders All Female Staff to Wear Red Bracelets When they Are Having Their Period 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A boss in Norway has ordered all female staff to wear red bracelets during their periods - to explain why they are using the toilet more often.The astonishing demand was revealed in report by a workers' union into 'tyrannical' toilet rules in Norwegian companies. :eek:

The study claimed businesses were becoming obsessed with lost productivity due to employees spending too much time answering the call of nature.

it found 66 per cent of managers made staff ask them for an electronic key card to gain access to the toilets so they could monitor breaks.

Toilets in one in three companies were placed under video-surveillance, while other firms made staff sign a toilet 'visitors book', the report by the Parat union said.

It added: 'But the most extreme action was taken by one manager who made women having their period wear a red bracelet to justify more frequent trips to the loo.

'Women quite justifiably feel humiliated by being tagged in this way, so that all their colleagues are aware of this intimate detail of their private life.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-period.html

Power CUer
    The women should definitely wear the bracelets.
    All day, every day, all month, month in and month out.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The women should definitely wear the bracelets.
    All day, every day, all month, month in and month out.
    No kidding, that's what I would do. :eek:

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No kidding, that's what I would do. :eek:
    Hopefully all the guys would too. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I had a boss at IHOP who made us punch out to use the bathroom. It also applied to male employees, except, of course, the manager.

He was the same jerk who made the teenaged waitresses wear thigh-length uniforms so he could look at our legs. He gave the older waitresses properly fitting uniforms.

I worked for a company that decided to ration the toilet paper, that stopped abruptly when the shop rags started turning up in the hallway with brown stripes!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

True story. I worked for Ameritech/SBC now A T& T (the old Illinois Bell) and a male manager was using a stop watch to time expecting mothers that were in the rest room and tried to limit restroom breaks to normal break times or lunch...problem is when you only have 3 breaks in a ten hour shift.... Illinois OSHA showed up, fined them and made them post the correct rules...

I think its a great idea it let's you know when they are extra bitchy.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I think its a great idea it let's you know when they are extra bitchy.
    Incoming rounds ,quick, duck!!

To heck with the bracelets. They should do like Jewish women used to have to do when they were menstruating - wall around calling out unclean! unclean! :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.