Antrel Rolle compares booing players to booing soldiers coming home from Iraq, later apologizes

By Kristie Ackert
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Originally Published:Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 4:08 PM
Updated: Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 6:36 PM

Giants safety Antrel Rolle speaks to the media Thursday afternoon and continues to rip Big Blue fans for booing the team Sunday.

Antrel Rolle admits that he is a "bigmouth" and is unapologetic about it. Thursday, however, the Giants' safety put his foot in that mouth and had to issue a scripted apology shortly after he compared his teammates to American troops returning from Iraq.

In an attempt to defend ripping Giants fans Tuesday for booing the team, Rolle said: "They want to make it that guys paid this much money for a ticket. Yeah, I understand that, I understand completely. We risk ourselves out there on the field each and every day also. When soldiers come home from Iraq you don't boo them. I look at it the same way. I take my job seriously."

Later, in a statement released by the team, Rolle said: "I used a very poor, inappropriate example earlier today to demonstrate how seriously I take my job. Obviously there is no comparison between the men and women of our military putting their life on the line defending our country and what I do.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz174JGH9Ed