Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What are you looking for? 
    Ok, so I'm new here, and this seems like a decent enough first thread to test the waters

So, what are you looking for in 2012? What do you want out of either Obama or the Republican Presidential nominee? Here's what I want

1. Get the economy under control. I mean duh, this is the major issue for almost everybody. And no, I don't want my taxes raised to do it. Cut spending....period. I'd rather my children and grandchildren not live in a thrid world nation

2. I don't want to die in a terrorist attack. Keep me safe. However, I want you to be smart about it. I'm perfectly fine with using slightly less than ethical means(racial profiling, waterboarding, etc), but I don't want it to be a damn waste of time and money(TSA "enhanced patdowns"

3. Secure the borders. I don't believe illegal immigrants are criminals or terrorists or anything like that. I can completely understand the desire to live here and I'm not gonna fault anybody for it. But the sad reality is that we simply cannot have millions of undocumented workers not paying taxes(which wouldn't be a problem if we had the Fair Tax, but that's another argument). I would be perfectly fine with increased national guard, possibly even private security force, along the border

And that's it. I didn't go into much detail, but those are the three things I want. Notice I didn't say anything about social issues. If the republicans are smart, neither will they.

So..what do you want?
    Everybody seems to think I'm lazy. I don't mind, I think they're crazy-John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by John Marston View Post
    Ok, so I'm new here, and this seems like a decent enough first thread to test the waters

So, what are you looking for in 2012? What do you want out of either Obama or the Republican Presidential nominee? Here's what I want

1. Get the economy under control. I mean duh, this is the major issue for almost everybody. And no, I don't want my taxes raised to do it. Cut spending....period. I'd rather my children and grandchildren not live in a thrid world nation

2. I don't want to die in a terrorist attack. Keep me safe. However, I want you to be smart about it. I'm perfectly fine with using slightly less than ethical means(racial profiling, waterboarding, etc), but I don't want it to be a damn waste of time and money(TSA "enhanced patdowns"

3. Secure the borders. I don't believe illegal immigrants are criminals or terrorists or anything like that. I can completely understand the desire to live here and I'm not gonna fault anybody for it. But the sad reality is that we simply cannot have millions of undocumented workers not paying taxes(which wouldn't be a problem if we had the Fair Tax, but that's another argument). I would be perfectly fine with increased national guard, possibly even private security force, along the border

And that's it. I didn't go into much detail, but those are the three things I want. Notice I didn't say anything about social issues. If the republicans are smart, neither will they.

So..what do you want?
    Bacon!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Bleda
    Iran, the war on 'terror'/Islam[ism], and ObamaCare. Those are pretty much the biggest, most important issues to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Marston View Post

So..what do you want?
    You are shit out of luck if you are expecting those policies coming from Obama. The economy will determine the next President. Obama is hell bent on more welfare and more income distribution. That will have a detrimental effect. Throw in his health care boondoggle along with high unemployment and there is no way he can get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are shit out of luck if you are expecting those policies coming from Obama. The economy will determine the next President. Obama is hell bent on more welfare and more income distribution. That will have a detrimental effect. Throw in his health care boondoggle along with high unemployment and there is no way he can get re-elected.
    Mr. Martian is nothing new. They all start out with" I don't like Obama" and then they chisel away at conservative values, they always without exception insult Sarah Palin, Why does she scare them so.
    I hope this one has some new tricks, the previous trolls are getting boring!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Mr. Martian is nothing new. They all start out with" I don't like Obama" and then they chisel away at conservative values, they always without exception insult Sarah Palin, Why does she scare them so.
    Bingo! Martian will start out with his warm, just want to discuss it attitude. Then he will begin to cherry pick some ideas he can comment on. After a thorough and prolonged beat down, he will resort to the typical smarmy arrogant better/smarter than thou liberal attitude we all suffer here from most liberal trolls.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    I doubt he/she/it has any new tricks. You hit the nail on the head though. Liberals think they are so smart but most are dumb as a rock when it comes to common sense. Palin blows them away with hers.

Mr. Martian, where you at Mr. Martian!

sigh....We need a chew toy.:(
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Mr. Martian, where you at Mr. Martian!

sigh....We need a chew toy.:(
    He's hiding because Y'all didn't take the bait !

The only thing that I want from Obama is distance. Lots of distance.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!