Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    On George Stpehanopulous, they are saying that there will be live interviews with delegates stating that they will not support the party nominee.

My daughter (who votes the first time in Nov) said "Wow, Hillary Clinton really holds the power; she could speak at the convention, tell everyone she thinks Obama is a bad candidate and ask her delegates not to support him. He'd be toast"
    She has to be very careful about that. The Donna Brazile faction is large and NASTY. Hillary has to weigh a floor fight with a candidacy in 2012. A Clinton coup might still end up in a loss in the GE since Barry and Brazile have poisoned the party. She might be smarter to watch Obama sink on his own.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Party discipline went out the window when Obama's people made it clear that they didn't care about anyone but themselves. The Democratic party exists in coalitions that are often at odds. It is the duty of the party leaders to bring them together, not separate them. It is not the fault of PUMAs for leaving Barry in a huff. It is the fault of Barry for consistently playing the race card and, at the same time, being overtly misogynist.
    Yeah, he had those marvelous advantages of being a Black Male with a Muslim name.

He outcampaigned her. She lost. End of Story. .

And I just love the PUMA's I'm a big fan. .
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Yeah, he had those marvelous advantages of being a Black Male with a Muslim name.

He outcampaigned her. She lost. End of Story. .

And I just love the PUMA's I'm a big fan. .
    Donna Brazile and Howard Dean gamed the system. You need to read this:

http://www.thecityedition.com/Pages/...veConnect.html

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Donna Brazile and Howard Dean gamed the system. You need to read this:

http://www.thecityedition.com/Pages/...veConnect.html
    Interesting. But it still sounds like he Out-Victimed her on the one hand and then relied on his charisma and positive message to appeal to voters.

And on a straight political level, Clinton deserves something because she earned it. Obama deserves to pick his running mate because he won it.

If the PUMA's are positioning to get Hillary that something she earned, then that is smart. If they are trying to make Obama lose by withholding their support and running Hillary in 2012, I think that will be a disastrous strategy for her hopes of ever being president.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I feel bad for the PUMAS.

I can't stand Hillary, but by golly the PUMAS do have a good point - or actually two good points.

Michigan and Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    I feel bad for the PUMAS.

I can't stand Hillary, but by golly the PUMAS do have a good point - or actually two good points.

Michigan and Florida.
    Full voting rights restored to Florida and Michigan
    Posted: 03:42 PM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand
    DENVER, Colorado (CNN) – In another bid to restore party unity, the Democratic National Committee voted unanimously Sunday to restore full convention voting rights to Florida and Michigan delegates.

The move, which had been sought by former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton since shortly after the primary season began, was endorsed by presumptive nominee Barack Obama last month.

Florida and Michigan Democrats had been penalized by the DNC Rules Committee for holding their primaries in January, in violation of party rules. Under the initial penalty, Florida and Michigan were stripped of their delegates, and barred from attending the convention.

Clinton and Obama agreed not to campaign in either state and Obama’s name did not appear on the Michigan ballot. Clinton won both primaries in January, and — locked in a tight battle to win the nomination — urged for full delegations from both states to be seated. Her effort failed, and she conceded to Obama shortly after the primary season ended.

In June, the Rules and Bylaws Committee had voted to allow both states’ delegations to be seated at the convention, with each delegate awarded half a vote divided between the candidates based on a formula devised by party officials.

The number of delegates required to claim the Democratic nomination will rise as a result of Sunday’s decision.

There were lawsuits brought against the DNC by attorneys for the states. That is why they are seated.