Thread: On tolerance...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 On tolerance... 
    I've noticed that it seems to be a key point in being a Conservative lately, to be tolerant. We have members here who pride themselves on their tolerance....I'm wondering why.

Tolerance is what has gotten this nation into the shit basket.

Tolerance is nothing more than being afraid to say what you think and act upon it.

We have too MUCH tolerance in this country, it creates a nation of sheep, and that is exactly what we have now.

I'm all for a LOT LESS tolerance and a LOT MORE action.

Your thoughts?

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I've noticed that it seems to be a key point in being a Conservative lately, to be tolerant. We have members here who pride themselves on their tolerance....I'm wondering why.

Tolerance is nothing more than being afraid to say what you think and act upon it.

We have too MUCH tolerance in this country, it creates a nation of sheep, and that is exactly what we have now.

Your thoughts?
    The only thing about that is you can't get any two people to agree to anything. I tolerate a lot but I don't like it when people force things in my face and expect me to except things and like them. It's not tolerance that you are mad at, it is this insidious political correctness that is being accepted by many conservatives in this country and on this board. They disguise it as being descent and democratic when all it is is a tool to shut up conservative views that people don't want to hear.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Tolerance is not absolute. Sometimes tolerance taken to the extreme leads to no position or stand on anything. Tolerance should not mean you can't have an opinion. Sometimes, what you tolerate, you encourage. When toleration reaches this extent, it is unacceptable.

I tolerate liberals to an extent.

I tolerate their existence but not their ideology. I tolerate their arguments, I won't tolerate their lies. I have an opinion and ideology diametrically opposed to theirs. This means an obvious different opinion. Toleration does not mean both sides of an argument are equally right or true. Truth is not relative and changing.

Liberals are allowed their opinions, I will not tolerate them making up their own facts.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

My rule is this : don't be an asshole. If you decide to be one, don't bitch when they're one back to you. I don't care what you believe. . .you can believe that licking yogurt off hobos is a legitimate religious belief and superior above all others, but if you're gonna be an asshole about it... fuck you.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    My rule is this : don't be an asshole. If you decide to be one, don't bitch when they're one back to you. I don't care what you believe. . .you can believe that licking yogurt off hobos is a legitimate religious belief and superior above all others, but if you're gonna be an asshole about it... fuck you.

~QC
    :D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post

Your thoughts?
    To Tolerate what your upbringing tells you is wrong is insanity.If you won't take a stand based on your life long learnings you are either a fool on a coward.

What's wrong with standing by your values,they were advocated by your family and you are a product of those values.Every man has an opinion no matter what the topic and today's American PC society tells us to be more tolerant and do things their way.My opinion is my honor and how I behave to others depends on how they behave to me and mine.

When society in the person of some critter tells me that my values are bigoted, wrong and intolerant I examine their words and values closely.Some are mere PC parrots echoing the party line .Others are hard core Liberal apologists who engauge with some eloquence of speech and if they speak against your values challenge them .

Never bow to another when challenged on your personal beliefs.Our American sires during both revolutions were real men who stood their ground even though it cost most of them life,liberty and family property .

Tolerance is a tool of those who would have you do things their way.At what point does tolerance fall apart,if we are tolerant to a rapist or a murderer we are fools.The Liberal mind is tortured by self doubt and fear.They were never taught family values and so follow the progressive crowds collective 'mind think'.

They are the sad characterture of real men who drift aimlessly through life without any real principles of life.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I believe a certain type of tolerance is very important in a civil society and in our political process.

That does not mean that I will not work for political change on specific issues, and my "tolerance" does not extend to a willingness to accept a policy or a practice that I find morally or philosophically abhorent.

I don't want to turn this into a debate on abortion, but as an example, I very much oppose abortion. That is a very strong belief on my part and I will never accept abortion as being acceptable as a means of birth control. At the same time, I recognize that it is the law of the land that abortion is now legal. I will work politically for a change in abortion law. I will not, however, condone those who burn abortion clinics and who attack abortion doctors.

I also recognize that there are those who disagree with me on this, and other, issues. There are some Libertarians who see abortion rights in a completely different light and think that the right to an abortion repesents an important individual right. I disagree with them. I respect their right to believe as they wish. I will therefore be tolerant of them and their beliefs. I think this is right and proper.

That doesn't mean that i will stop working for exercising my rights to see my beliefs become policy, and I am just as sure that they will continue to work to see their beliefs become policy.

While doing this, I will do my best to be civil with those with whom I disagree.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    :D
    I got that from Adam Wood . . .

And Bubba seems to have the "don't be an asshole" thing down pat. :)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I got that from Adam Wood . . .

And Bubba seems to have the "don't be an asshole" thing down pat. :)

~QC
    Thanks. Can I quote you on that to Miz Bubba? I mean, if I send you something that says that, you'll sign it? :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Thanks. Can I quote you on that to Miz Bubba? I mean, if I send you something that says that, you'll sign it? :D
    ROFL... for a price... QC's husband pardons and permission slips at your service! :D

~QC