Thread: On tolerance...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Neither of you will mean it, so what the fuck. A forced apology is worthless

Just debate, FFS.

Insulting is not debating, it's insulting... to everybody.

Calling people bigots, fags, pussies, is fucking lame.
    Jonesy and I have a long history, I'm the reason he's even here. You get to a point with a person where debating them is no longer a real option.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Jonesy and I have a long history, I'm the reason he's even here. You get to a point with a person where debating them is no longer a real option.
    Err...

No, I'm here because Rebel showed me the website a few years back when we were both posting on Milnet.com. He wanted to show me how much of a dick Gator could be sometimes. I had been viewing and posting on the website for a couple of weeks before I even knew you existed, and spoke to Franksolich about the matter your bringing up.

And I've got nothing to apologize for, nor want one from you. I'd have to actually be offended by anything you have to say before I'd want one.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Err...

No, I'm here because Rebel showed me the website a few years back when we were both posting on Milnet.com. I had been viewing and posting on the website for a couple of weeks before I even knew you existed, and spoke to Franksolich about the matter your bringing up.

And I've got nothing to apologize for, nor want one from you. I'd have to actually be offended by anything you have to say before I'd want one.
    Sorry to inform you, I'm stlll not BadCatLeader.

rm -rf obama*

Have I brought the issue up since that day? Thought not, get over it. It was three years ago.

Now, that I've corrected that, I'm stepping away.
    Last edited by djones520; 12-04-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You voice a lot of what people here think. However you are way too blunt at times. (good or bad *shrugs*)

You do what you feel is appropriate and we do likewise....:p
    I have very strong opinions in the area of politics. I suppose I could be more "PC" than I am in discussing them, but I'm just not that way.

For instance, my views on homosexuality, which some here find so heinous, are based on Darwinistic theory, I just have a more direct way of expressing them.

rm -rf obama*

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I'm not aware of the history between you, Jonesie and BC, but I know you are both assets to the board because you post interesting thoughts with conviction.

This is the only board anywhere that I care anything about. I'm glad you both are here.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I'm not aware of the history between you, Jonesie and BC, but I know you are both assets to the board because you post interesting thoughts with conviction.

This is the only board anywhere that I care anything about. I'm glad you both are here.
    Thank you, my man.

However let's get back to the topic if we may.

You, for one, seem to me to be an extremely tolerant person. Are you that way IRL? If so, were you always? Do you see your tolerance "slipping" in any areas lately?

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Fuckin' A, me too. You're right on both counts. If I wasn't such a heathen, I'd say, God Bless ya, Bubba.

No-one wants endless Kumbaya here... we can leave that shit to DU, that's what they're there for. We're here on CU to discuss and debate issues and have fun at the same time.

I think the thread has raised an interesting point about PC bullshit, which can be discussed independently of any beef any poster may have with any other.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Thank you, my man.

However let's get back to the topic if we may.

You, for one, seem to me to be an extremely tolerant person. Are you that way IRL? If so, were you always? Do you see your tolerance "slipping" in any areas lately?
    I am tolerant in real life as much as I can be. I'm no saint. At worst I am annoying and combative and at best I am (or attempt to be) persuasive and humerous.

And no, I have not always been tolerant. I was a very partisan Democrat for most of my life. I worked hard for what I believed in. The thing about that is, what i believe has changed over the course of my life, and a part of what changed my beliefs was conversation and debate as well as my own life experience. I went from being a Democrat to being a Republican. A lot of it has to do with "conversations" in real life and also on this board.

I have engaged in a conversation with people here and have found many to be well informed folks who put forth a persuasive argument for their beliefs.

I haven't found myself to be slipping in my attempt at civility and tolerance lately, because I have always struggled with my temper and have said many things I have later regretted.

It is an ongoing process. I work to maintain a balance between speaking up for my beliefs while attempting to respect the rights of others to speak on behalf of their own positions.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I have very strong opinions in the area of politics. I suppose I could be more "PC" than I am in discussing them, but I'm just not that way.
    Being polite in serious discourse is not PC, IMHO, it is civilized.

For instance, my views on homosexuality, which some here find so heinous, are based on Darwinistic theory, I just have a more direct way of expressing them.
    I would like to hear what basis in Darwinism that might be sometime, if you are willing to share.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers