Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Jayson Werth To The Nationals 
    Now this was a surprise. Some expected him to resign with the Phillies or with Boston but the Nats? Um, ok. Take the money and run I guess. I hope the Nationals are happy getting a guy who had a batting average with runners in scoring position that is somewhere beneath the earth's crust.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Now this was a surprise. Some expected him to resign with the Phillies or with Boston but the Nats? Um, ok. Take the money and run I guess. I hope the Nationals are happy getting a guy who had a batting average with runners in scoring position that is somewhere beneath the earth's crust.
    Well I guess he has his WS ring and now he's looking for the cash. I guess philly money is not good enough for him. On the plus note we get a 1st round pick for him due to the phills offering arbatration.

If he had resigned with the Phillies, y'all would be singing his praises. I love sports, it makes hypocrits of us all.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

He'll help. They needed to make a move after losing Dunn to keep the fans happy.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

It's pretty funny how much they paid him. I doubt he's worth that type of contract.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    It's pretty funny how much they paid him. I doubt he's worth that type of contract.
    Especially at 31.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    If he had resigned with the Phillies, y'all would be singing his praises. I love sports, it makes hypocrits of us all.
    Do I hate losing him? Of course. But it's not that the Nationals wanted him, it's the money they're paying him. Jayson Werth is not worth(pardon the pun) the $126 million he got. He's a decent player but wow, that's overpaying if there ever was a case.

Do I hate losing him? Of course. But it's not that the Nationals wanted him, it's the money they're paying him. Jayson Werth is not worth(pardon the pun) the $126 million he got. He's a decent player but wow, that's overpaying if there ever was a case.
    I'd rather see Howard go to the nats, never forgive him looking at strikes 2 and 3 :mad:

Of course they overpaid him. How else would they get ANYONE to come play for the Expos, I mean Nats?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Of course they overpaid him. How else would they get ANYONE to come play for the Expos, I mean Nats?
    But they wouldn't pay Adam Dunn, one of the most popular players on the team, more than the White Sox paid him which was $56 million over 4 years but they gave Werth, a player who has only had 3 good seasons, $126 million over 7 years. Doesn't make sense. And if they think Werth is a good buy at $126 million, imagine what they're going to have to pay Ryan Zimmerman.