Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 Jayson Werth To The Nationals 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,900
    Now this was a surprise. Some expected him to resign with the Phillies or with Boston but the Nats? Um, ok. Take the money and run I guess. I hope the Nationals are happy getting a guy who had a batting average with runners in scoring position that is somewhere beneath the earth's crust.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Now this was a surprise. Some expected him to resign with the Phillies or with Boston but the Nats? Um, ok. Take the money and run I guess. I hope the Nationals are happy getting a guy who had a batting average with runners in scoring position that is somewhere beneath the earth's crust.
    Well I guess he has his WS ring and now he's looking for the cash. I guess philly money is not good enough for him. On the plus note we get a 1st round pick for him due to the phills offering arbatration.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    If he had resigned with the Phillies, y'all would be singing his praises. I love sports, it makes hypocrits of us all.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Space Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,435
    He'll help. They needed to make a move after losing Dunn to keep the fans happy.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    It's pretty funny how much they paid him. I doubt he's worth that type of contract.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Space Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    It's pretty funny how much they paid him. I doubt he's worth that type of contract.
    Especially at 31.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    If he had resigned with the Phillies, y'all would be singing his praises. I love sports, it makes hypocrits of us all.
    Do I hate losing him? Of course. But it's not that the Nationals wanted him, it's the money they're paying him. Jayson Werth is not worth(pardon the pun) the $126 million he got. He's a decent player but wow, that's overpaying if there ever was a case.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Do I hate losing him? Of course. But it's not that the Nationals wanted him, it's the money they're paying him. Jayson Werth is not worth(pardon the pun) the $126 million he got. He's a decent player but wow, that's overpaying if there ever was a case.
    I'd rather see Howard go to the nats, never forgive him looking at strikes 2 and 3 :mad:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Do I hate losing him? Of course. But it's not that the Nationals wanted him, it's the money they're paying him. Jayson Werth is not worth(pardon the pun) the $126 million he got. He's a decent player but wow, that's overpaying if there ever was a case.
    Of course they overpaid him. How else would they get ANYONE to come play for the Expos, I mean Nats?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Of course they overpaid him. How else would they get ANYONE to come play for the Expos, I mean Nats?
    But they wouldn't pay Adam Dunn, one of the most popular players on the team, more than the White Sox paid him which was $56 million over 4 years but they gave Werth, a player who has only had 3 good seasons, $126 million over 7 years. Doesn't make sense. And if they think Werth is a good buy at $126 million, imagine what they're going to have to pay Ryan Zimmerman.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •