1. #1 I helped a homeless family yesterday 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh Brother...

lapislzi (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-06-10 06:25 AM
    Original message I helped a homeless family yesterday

The details aren't important. But, as I pressed all the cash I had in my wallet into her coat pocket and helped her heft the dozen or so laundry bags into her car, along with the leftovers of last night's dinner that I swore I wouldn't be able to finish, she crossed herself and promised me that god would repay me tenfold.

As she drove away, the tears came. I don't want a god I don't believe in to repay me. I don't need repaying. I'm not flush, but I'm not homeless. I want the god I don't believe in or one of his representatives on earth to fix it. Fix this damn thing. Fix this damn thing so people like Cheryl don't have to go around with a cotton ball soaked in vodka pressed onto a toothache. Fix this damn thing so that people don't have to live in their cars, or pay extortionate sums just to hole up in an illegal apartment. Fix this damn thing so the kid can get a winter coat.

Who's going to fix it? I can only do so much. My heart is breaking.

Oh we know...YOU can only do soooooo much. Christ.

CalifPeggy, please give this Bouncy a Star!!!

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

See... this Atheist would have graciuosly accepted the comment knowing it for what it was, and would have continued on with his day. He wouldn't make some dumb post online bragging about how he acted like a decent human being, and then acted like a total douche bag.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Who's going to fix it?
    Sure as it is getting worse, we know it won't be the DUmmyRATS. I suggest you grow a brain, grow up, and enter the adult world of reality and conservatism.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Cotton ball soaked in vodka for a toothache? How stupid. Everyone knows that whiskey works better. Seriously though, if this person was so concerned, why not move this person into their home? Giving money to someone who is going to spend it on alcohol(already admitted to that) is an empty gesture.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Somebody please kick this fucker in the neck!