Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Monday Traditions. 
    It's colder than a coon's ass this morning, and just gonna get colder the next few mornings.

TOTD: Everybody should have their Christmas tree up by now, except a few on here. Do you have any tradition associated with putting up your tree?

We watch an all time great Christmas movie every year while putting up our tree. I won't tell you what it is, but here is a clue....."The one with the stripe seems to be the leader."
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Yes. I do the tree decorating, while my husband settles in on the sofa with a drink and watches. We collect ornaments from different trips, so there's a lot of reminiscing conversation around some of the journeys.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It's cold, and we got a dusting of snow last night.

TOTD: I put my tree up yesterday. I don't really have any traditions about it, since I live alone, but I listen to Christmas music while I'm decorating it. I didn't have to prepare a squirt gun for the cat this year, she's 14 and doesn't seem interested in climbing the tree anymore.

It's pretty seasonal here and we may have some snow tonight.

TOTD: Yes, the tradition is that there's a certain amount of cursing involved and after that....scotch.

We will probably put it up next week. We don't have any Christmas movie traditions at my house. I've seen "It's a Wonderful Life" exactly once. I always look forward to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas CDs and I don't mind listening to Bob Rivers' Christmas parody albums but there's no tradition involved here; it's pretty random.

We put our stuff up the day after Thanksgiving.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I'm putting it up this coming Saturday. I listen to Christmas carols and drink hot cider with mulling spices. I get them at Williams Sonoma every year.

I still think I should put lights on the billy goat.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Our tradition has always been to put the tree up Christmas Eve and sing along with Bing and Dean and Gene and Moriah, etc while we do it.The tradition that arouse out of having to put together a train platform which generally took from black friday til Christmas eve to finish. My mother and her husband still do the trains and put the tree up Christmas eve. She had my niece and nephews come over and put the oraments on . . . anyhow . . . . the Mrs did not have a tradition regarding the putting up of the tree so we kept the one I grew up with. :) So Christmas eve the boys, the wife and I will be decorating the tree and singing Christmas carols before we head off to the midnight Christmas Service.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Our tradition has always been to put the tree up Christmas Eve and sing along with Bing and Dean and Gene and Moriah, etc while we do it.The tradition that arouse out of having to put together a train platform which generally took from black friday til Christmas eve to finish. My mother and her husband still do the trains and put the tree up Christmas eve. She had my niece and nephews come over and put the oraments on . . . anyhow . . . . the Mrs did not have a tradition regarding the putting up of the tree so we kept the one I grew up with. :) So Christmas eve the boys, the wife and I will be decorating the tree and singing Christmas carols before we head off to the midnight Christmas Service.
    All our collective grandparents did the Christmas Eve tree thing until the late 60s or 70s when they kind of caved to culture. Scandis do everything on Christmas Eve - eating, drinking, church, presents, whatever.

We still do everything on Christmas Eve but the tree. No way that puppy would go up the day after Thanksgiving, though. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    It's colder than a coon's ass this morning, and just gonna get colder the next few mornings.

TOTD: Everybody should have their Christmas tree up by now, except a few on here. Do you have any tradition associated with putting up your tree?

We watch an all time great Christmas movie every year while putting up our tree. I won't tell you what it is, but here is a clue....."The one with the stripe seems to be the leader."
    Christmas music and hot chocolate!

But we don't watch the Gremlins! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.