Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1 FBI: New Barbie Could Be Used for Child Porn 
    FBI: New Barbie Could Be Used for Child Porn

    Updated: 1 day 10 hours ago

    Hugh Collins Contributor
    AOL News

    (Dec. 4) -- The FBI is warning that a new Barbie doll could be a gift -- to pedophiles.

    In an alert sent to investigators, the feds warned that the new Barbie Video Girl, which features a camera and an LCD screen, could be used to create child pornography.

    The camera is capable of filming clips as long as 30 minutes, according to CNN.

    The FBI says that the doll is safe if used properly, and it has not encountered any instances of the doll being used to create pornography.

    "Law enforcement is encouraged to be aware of unconventional avenues for possible production and possession of child pornography, such as the Barbie Video Girl," the document read.

    "FBI investigation has revealed instances where an individual convicted of distributing child pornography had given a Barbie doll to a 6-year-old girl," the alert said.

    The doll, which retails for $49.99, comes with a USB cable to upload videos to a computer. Investigators say that the combination of a doll packaged with a video camera raises worries.

    "It's probably a great selling point for kids but something that a child pornographer could convert to his nefarious activities," said Sgt. John Urquhart with the King County, Wash., sheriff's office, according to local TV station KOMO 4.

    The doll's camera does not have the capability to stream videos online.

    The FBI never intended for the alert to become public, but it was inadvertently sent to news media in Seattle.

    The doll "plays into these people who prey upon our children's ideals. It frightens me," William Porres, a Tacoma, Wash., grandfather, told a local CNN affiliate.
    Is nothing sacred? :eek:

    AOL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,873
    This is one of those common sense kinds of things for parents.

    Camera Barbie is only played with when Mom and/or Dad can supervise directly. Camera Barbie gets put away, out of sight, before big parties at home. Camera Barbie never leaves the house/yard.


    But, really, the best thing would be for parents to teach their children that no person on this planet has any legitimate reason for making movies of them naked or in their underwear, Camera Barbie or no Camera Barbie.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    The FBI is just pissed off that they did not think of hiding the cameras there first to spy on mommy and daddy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,463
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    This is one of those common sense kinds of things for parents.

    Camera Barbie is only played with when Mom and/or Dad can supervise directly. Camera Barbie gets put away, out of sight, before big parties at home. Camera Barbie never leaves the house/yard.


    But, really, the best thing would be for parents to teach their children that no person on this planet has any legitimate reason for making movies of them naked or in their underwear, Camera Barbie or no Camera Barbie.
    Except the TSA at the airport.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    The FBI is just pissed off that they did not think of hiding the cameras there first to spy on mommy and daddy.



    No, but you just gave me a great idea for CPS!



    Just kidding. CPS in most states doesn't have enough money allocated to buy such devices to spy on parents.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Why the hell would anyone give a kid a video camera period?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member FBIGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    If I told you I'd have to kill you
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    The FBI is just pissed off that they did not think of hiding the cameras there first to spy on mommy and daddy.
    We thought of it. Decided that making webcams standard on all lap tops gave us better surveillance options.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Grouchy Old Broad Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by FBIGuy View Post
    We thought of it. Decided that making webcams standard on all lap tops gave us better surveillance options.
    Now see, I've been paranoid about this every since I got my last
    new laptop with a built in webcam. Can you see me right now?
    I'm going right now to get some duct tape to put over the lense. :mad:
    I suppose that's why new cell phones have front and back cameras too.
    I'm duct taping those also.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Now see, I've been paranoid about this every since I got my last
    new laptop with a built in webcam. Can you see me right now?
    I'm going right now to get some duct tape to put over the lense. :mad:
    I suppose that's why new cell phones have front and back cameras too.
    I'm duct taping those also.
    Your car is watching you and if you had the swine flu vaccination you have been radio chipped.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Grouchy Old Broad Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Your car is watching you and if you had the swine flu vaccination you have been radio chipped.
    *Gasp* OMG! :eek:
    I knew my flu shot hurt this year more than usual.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •