Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    We don't have soldiers in Saudi Arabia anymore. that's why we built big new bases in Qatar and upgraded our facilities in Kuwait.

And just turn our back on agreements...treaties etc that we've made with them? YOu'd be throwing a tantrum if some counry decided to do that to us.

Considering I've been in Iraq and am currently deployed in Afghanistan. Let me tell you that from a truly informed standpoint...you're full of shit.

With that line of thinking you sound exactly like a Libtard.
    I think there's quite a few conservatives on this board who don't really think the foreign intervention mentality is the correct solution for the future of America. I was in Iraq during the invasion back in '03, and even then thought the place was a shit hole not worthy of a Marine boot print, much less a division and a MEF. The U.S. has enough oil, plenty of coal, and enough space for more nuclear plants. I'd be happy to start producing our own energy and let the Iraqi's and Afghans wither and rot in their mud huts until they decide to make their situation better on their own.

Any treaties or agreements we had with these 10th century cavemen should be considered null and void so long as our "friends" continue to allow the funding and free movement of our enemies. If they wanted to be "friends" with the U.S. they should put their money where their mouth is, or we can just go our separate ways.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    How long will you be there?
    Until June 2011.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I think there's quite a few conservatives on this board who don't really think the foreign intervention mentality is the correct solution for the future of America.
    Only if they are kool aid drinking zombies who kiss the ass of Dr. Nutz. a.k.a. Ron Paul.

I was in Iraq during the invasion back in '03, and even then thought the place was a shit hole not worthy of a Marine boot print, much less a division and a MEF.
    Yeah well the people we helped there might actually disagree with you. And this Doggie hasn't met a Marine yet that had the same attitude you seem to have about the worthiness of our mission there.

Guess it was kinda lonely at the chow hall for you some days huh?

The U.S. has enough oil, plenty of coal, and enough space for more nuclear plants.
    No arguments from me on this one. Too bad the Enviro nazi's in our country and serving in Congress won't let that happen.

I'd be happy to start producing our own energy and let the Iraqi's and Afghans wither and rot in their mud huts until they decide to make their situation better on their own.
    Thank God the vast majority of us serving don't have the craptastic view on this that you do.

Any treaties or agreements we had with these 10th century cavemen should be considered null and void so long as our "friends" continue to allow the funding and free movement of our enemies. If they wanted to be "friends" with the U.S. they should put their money where their mouth is, or we can just go our separate ways.
    Churchill spied on all of his allies in WW II. Should we have not gotten into that war because one of our allies was working against us for his own benefit?

According to your thinking the answer is yes.

Lets hope that people that think things WE do are "barbaric' don't decide to treat us in the manner you want us to treat the rest of the world.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Uh...yeah we kinda do have troops still in Saudi. Several thousand to be precise. We've got troops stationed all over Taif Air Base, Eskan Village and Rihad. Who's the uninformed again?
    You are jackass. There's 500 left with the 320th and 64th AEW's. Not thousands. Not anything that comes close to what we had there prior to 2003. You really need to get better info.

Oh and I guess we can count the Embassy guards if you REALLY want to get technical.

There's a lot of people who've been overseas serving who have come to the opposite conclusion that you have. The "I've been deployed" and that somehow makes me and expert on middle eastern culture and and I'm now a qualified "anthropologist" is a bit of a stretch.
    Somalia twice in 1993...Iraq with 3rd Bde. 1st Armored Division 2003-04

Afghanistan 2nd Cavalry Regiment right now.

I think I've seen enough of the Middle East and the related areas in my military career to know what I'm talking about.

So just EADC.

That's some comedy gold qualifing someone as a libtard , when endless intervention was invented by the LEFT.
    I'm sorry what were you saying? It was muffled with your lips around Ron Pauls d*ck.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 12-08-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Alright, lets tone it down a notch, this isn't the Dome.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

There's a new story today describing the drug, drink, and hooker-fueled parties attended by the Saudi royal families. :p

You are jackass. useless ramblings etc. etc.
    lol!
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Your at a 10 on the drama scale, we'd like you around a 2.

Only if they are kool aid drinking zombies who kiss the ass of Dr. Nutz. a.k.a. Ron Paul.
    There are many conservatives in this country who think the way Ron Paul does. I don't see anything wrong with it. There are those who have their eye on the constitution and our pocketbooks over recent Republican ideology, and those who believe ideology is the end-all-be-all of politics. You don't see me shouting down or ridiculing people who have those viewpoints, minus my jab at your tone above, do you? Some of the other interventionists even make good points and arguments for the interventionist ideology. You might try that approach as I'm sure you'll get much more out of this board that way. If you are looking for an echo chamber, this probably isn't the place.

Yeah well the people we helped there might actually disagree with you.
    I'm sure the people who received the "free" help would disagree with me, I'd expect them to. As one of the taxpayers mortgaging this countries' future for the privilege of helping these people, I think my opinion is rated a bit higher than theirs.

And this Doggie hasn't met a Marine yet that had the same attitude you seem to have about the worthiness of our mission there.

Guess it was kinda lonely at the chow hall for you some days huh?
    I guess you haven't met too many Marines then. Many of my fellow Marines thought and still think Iraq wasn't the best use of the U.S. Military and taxpayers dime. That doesn't mean we didn't do the job 110% for the duration, it just means we thought our skills would be better applied fighting the Taliban, the Iranians or in North Korea.

Thank God the vast majority of us serving don't have the craptastic view on this that you do.
    It's awesome how you know me so well in such a sort time period, that you can articulate exactly what my view is. Unfortunately, you know next to nothing about me, and even less about my conclusions and viewpoints. As I'm sure you'll learn as you continue to participate on this board, I tend to use logic, facts, and citations to make arguments, not rhetoric and shouting. Though the previous statement is inversely relative to the amount of bourbon I have consumed if it's a Friday night. So if my viewpoint is sometimes craptastic, then it's probably because applying the logic to the facts resulted in a craptastic outcome.

Churchill spied on all of his allies in WW II. Should we have not gotten into that war because one of our allies was working against us for his own benefit?

According to your thinking the answer is yes.
    We got into WW II because Japan and Germany declared war on us! We didn't get into that war because it was popular with the American people, or because we felt sorry for Europe. On Dec 6th 1941 popular support for entering yet another war in Europe was minuscule despite Roosevelt's pro-war White House. On Dec 8th 1941, the whole of the country was chomping at the bit to get into that fight. To be honest, I really don't know what point you were trying to prove by bringing this up.

If the U.S. really wanted to spend the money and blood to go after state supported terrorism, Iraq was small potatoes compared to Saudi Arabia and Iran. That's common knowledge and hardly disputable. So tell me, why do these two states still exist while Iraq as it was known does not? At least the elimination of Iran for instance would have been better ROI . Not to mention, if we eventually plan on confronting Saudi Arabia or Iran, invading Iraq was the dumbest play ever. You go after the heavy hitters when your veteran military is fresh and strong, and the civilian population is hopeful and not war and debt weary. It just makes strategic sense to go after the bigger fish first.

Lets hope that people that think things WE do are "barbaric' don't decide to treat us in the manner you want us to treat the rest of the world.
    I don't think you understand correctly. I don't want to "treat" the rest of the world in any particular fashion. I want to buy things from them, sell things to them, and leave each nation to decide for itself how they are going to treat themselves, so long as that treatment doesn't spill over into this country. If they allow themselves to be ruled by some king who thinks Sharia is law and all women should wear a tent, that's a whole lot of their problem, and very little of mine.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Someone actually gets it.

I think that post clearly lays out in simple terms how.
    I see no evidence offered in his post to justify his claim. You got evidence?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

We don't have soldiers in Saudi Arabia anymore. that's why we built big new bases in Qatar and upgraded our facilities in Kuwait.

And just turn our back on agreements...treaties etc that we've made with them? YOu'd be throwing a tantrum if some counry decided to do that to us.

Considering I've been in Iraq and am currently deployed in Afghanistan. Let me tell you that from a truly informed standpoint...you're full of shit.

With that line of thinking you sound exactly like a Libtard.
    someone who actually gets it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.