Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I really want to understand. 
    The big Cheese
    If being gay is natural then why do gay couples always seem to assume a male- female set of roles?

every dyke couple I see has one woman who wears makeup and trys to be pretty and the other tries their best to look like a man....

I dont get it. If its natural to be woman on woman wouldnt they both be well feminine?
    Last edited by Zafod; 12-06-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Not all. I've seen bull dyke couples and I've known "lipstick lesbian" couples. I've also known "flamer" gay couples and butch gay couples. But I do see your point that there a lot of gay couples that have traditional "male/female" roles.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Not all. I've seen bull dyke couples and I've known "lipstick lesbian" couples. I've also known "flamer" gay couples and butch gay couples. But I do see your point that there a lot of gay couples that have traditional "male/female" roles.
    even the lipstick and bull dyke couples have a male female role thing going on....

Nature and Nurture? It's in their nature to be with the same sex, but they have been nurtured to the male/female roll.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

My gay cousin and her partner are not exactly bull dykes, but neither one is a lipstick lesbian. The look like retired women who don't bother with frilly clothes and makeup now that they are no longer working. Of course, neither of them are publicly gay, they are just two old friends who bought a house together.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Nature and Nurture? It's in their nature to be with the same sex, but they have been nurtured to the male/female roll.
    nurtured? so why even go to the lengths of a evolutionary dead end but keep the roles? Why not just cut to the real thing and have the bonus to procreate?

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My gay cousin and her partner are not exactly bull dykes, but neither one is a lipstick lesbian. The look like retired women who don't bother with frilly clothes and makeup now that they are no longer working. Of course, neither of them are publicly gay, they are just two old friends who bought a house together.
    and I bet 500.00 that they have roles that they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    nurtured? so why even go to the lengths of a evolutionary dead end but keep the roles? Why not just cut to the real thing and have the bonus to procreate?
    Because they can't. Just like you cannot fathom yourself having a relationship with another man.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Hm.

I never really play a role when I'm dating a woman. I'm always naturally aggressive and not strictly a dyke ( I DO wear mens shirts and ties sometimes) OR Lipstick (I wear makeup 60% of the time, but it's not essential).

But I act the same way when I date men too...some men are less aggressive and will leave me to my fantasy football, war movies, and gadgets. . .would you call THEM feminine?

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Because they can't. Just like you cannot fathom yourself having a relationship with another man.
    I cant because of a number of reasons.

But again why have the relationship that you are going to model after male female roles in the first place?