1. #1 Antrel Rolle compares booing players to booing soldiers coming home from Iraq, later 
    Antrel Rolle compares booing players to booing soldiers coming home from Iraq, later apologizes

By Kristie Ackert
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Originally Published:Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 4:08 PM
    Updated: Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 6:36 PM

Giants safety Antrel Rolle speaks to the media Thursday afternoon and continues to rip Big Blue fans for booing the team Sunday.

Antrel Rolle admits that he is a "bigmouth" and is unapologetic about it. Thursday, however, the Giants' safety put his foot in that mouth and had to issue a scripted apology shortly after he compared his teammates to American troops returning from Iraq.

In an attempt to defend ripping Giants fans Tuesday for booing the team, Rolle said: "They want to make it that guys paid this much money for a ticket. Yeah, I understand that, I understand completely. We risk ourselves out there on the field each and every day also. When soldiers come home from Iraq you don't boo them. I look at it the same way. I take my job seriously."

Later, in a statement released by the team, Rolle said: "I used a very poor, inappropriate example earlier today to demonstrate how seriously I take my job. Obviously there is no comparison between the men and women of our military putting their life on the line defending our country and what I do.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz174JGH9Ed

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    They should ship his butt to Afghanistan and if he comes back then we will cheer him !

There is no way Rolle wrote that apology. His ass deserves to be in the sling for this egregious comment.

Reminds me when Kellen Winslow Jr. called himself a soldier and compared football to war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82BPA5QAaQ
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I don't have a problem with what Winslow said because metaphorically speaking, he's right. Football is a war. You know, ground acquisition and all. So what he said isn't so bad. But Rolle is an idiot. What pains me about it is that before this season, Rolle played for the Arizona Cardinals. The team who lost a player in the war on terror. Perhaps you heard of him:

Rolle just pissed on his grave. I hope he gets booed off the field his next game.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    dipshit. Completely different for booing a sports figure that people are going to see for entertainment and booing a solider that is protecting our country and putting their lives on the line.