Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Palin and the Reindeer 
    If this doesn't show what a fraud she is with this "Rugged Outdoors" shtick she tries to sell....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Xx4DXkYk

She acts like she's never fired a rifle before. I don't know too many experience hunters that go hunting with someone's else's weapon....or one that you didn't sight in yourself.

How many people here think a high powered hunting rifle ain't going to have any "kick"?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    If this doesn't show what a fraud she is with this "Rugged Outdoors" shtick she tries to sell....

She acts like she's never fired a rifle before. I don't know too many experience hunters that go hunting with someone's else's weapon....or one that you didn't sight in yourself.

How many people here think a high powered hunting rifle ain't going to have any "kick"?
    My Dad has a 7mm STW that has virtually no kick. My .243 has more kick than his cannon.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Are reindeer THAt stupid. You would never get that many shots at a whitetail.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Are reindeer THAt stupid. You would never get that many shots at a whitetail.
    I kinda doubt they're any different. I've had a younger deer act stupid and look at someone's first shot, but not a 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Looks like this hunting expedition had a little help from Mr. Film editor. lol!
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Did you happen to see where it was her father's rifle? Did you happen o see that he had fallen while carrying the rifle? Did you happen to see that when she used the guides rifle it was one shot, one kill? No? You just watched the edited video from Youtube. Your Palin hatred is astounding.

I kinda doubt they're any different. I've had a younger deer act stupid and look at someone's first shot, but not a 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Looks like this hunting expedition had a little help from Mr. Film editor. lol!
    I've gotten a second shot after one bouced around confused as to where the shot came from. Hell, I've gotten a third shot while one was running. I've NEVER had one just stand absolutely still while I shot 4 and 5 times. I swear the shot of the reindeer turning to face them the second time looked like the same shot from the first time.

Was that Donner or Blitzen?

Poor baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    Did you happen to see where it was her father's rifle? Did you happen o see that he had fallen while carrying the rifle? Did you happen to see that when she used the guides rifle it was one shot, one kill? No? You just watched the edited video from Youtube. Your Palin hatred is astounding.
    If it's not my rifle, and I've never fired it or one like it, then I'd ask if it had a kick. I'd rather ask than get a nasty surprise.

I notice that she didn't make the rookie mistake of putting her eye too close to the scope. New shooters do that until they get a scope-shaped bruise around the eye. Also, she did the breath control and seemed at ease with the weapon. Her misses can be chalked up to it being a dropped rifle.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Was that Donner or Blitzen?

Poor baby.
    Nope, it was Lenny, the special reindeer that Santa never speaks of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I've gotten a second shot after one bouced around confused as to where the shot came from. Hell, I've gotten a third shot while one was running. I've NEVER had one just stand absolutely still while I shot 4 and 5 times. I swear the shot of the reindeer turning to face them the second time looked like the same shot from the first time.
    Never been on a big game expedition, and I'm not what you'd call a "great" hunter, but from watching those Saturday morning hunting shows in Texas, the shots some people can and do take are pretty lenghty. Still, I can't see a seasoned male Deer standing there for too long without going into a full sprint once he knows somethings not right.