Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 FEINSTEIN :Prosecute Assange Under the Espionage Act 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    by DIANNE FEINSTEIN..

"Where were You When Kennedy sold us out to the Russians or When Clinton Sold Our Nuclear Warhead Designs to the Chinese Army ???"

When WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange released his latest document trove—more than 250,000 secret State Department cables—he intentionally harmed the U.S. government. The release of these documents damages our national interests and puts innocent lives at risk. He should be vigorously prosecuted for espionage.

The law Mr. Assange continues to violate is the Espionage Act of 1917. That law makes it a felony for an unauthorized person to possess or transmit "information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation."

The Espionage Act also makes it a felony to fail to return such materials to the U.S. government. Importantly, the courts have held that "information relating to the national defense" applies to both classified and unclassified material. Each violation is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

No doubt aware of this law, and despite firm warnings, Mr. Assange went ahead and released the cables on Nov. 28.

In a letter sent to Mr. Assange and his lawyer on Nov. 27, State Department Legal Adviser Harold Hongju Koh warned in strong terms that the documents had been obtained "in violation of U.S. law and without regard for the grave consequences of this action."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ditorialPage_h

Who is her speach writer?
    Who are her polsters?

How can this law possibly apply to an Australian not living in this country? Imagine if China had a similar law, and tried to get interpol to issue a warrant for a US journalist saying something bad about China which might damage it.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    How can this law possibly apply to an Australian not living in this country? Imagine if China had a similar law, and tried to get interpol to issue a warrant for a US journalist saying something bad about China which might damage it.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    China Issues Most Wanted List of Rioters
    If they could get someone to extradite him they would love to get their hands on the Dalai Lama
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

If they could get someone to extradite him they would love to get their hands on the Dalai Lama
    So we are morally equivalent to China now? :p

So we are morally equivalent to China now? :p
    You just asked a question, I answered it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

It's a stretch but Obama and Holder will manage .The Swedes always cave in if enough money changes hands.Their own Public procecuter's can't decide on the rape charges.

Assange’s lawyer has raised his own concerns with the rape charges against his client, starting with the fact that Sweden’s Public Prosecutor’s Office dropped the charges against Assange in August, when a spokesperson said, “There is no longer reason to believe that Mr. Assange has committed rape,”only to issue yet another warrant for Assange’s arrest in November, citing “new information.”

Something stinks in Sweden and it isn't Bad Herring!

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Something stinks in Sweden and it isn't Bad Herring!
    Be interesting to watch how this plays out. Even if he's locked up, there will still be several more rounds of leaks. I'm just waiting to see the one that has all of the political class scared shitless. For those of you who think "Well, they're worried about the damage to the US!" I ask you: "When have politicians ever cared about that?"

I think our politicans are trying to cover their own butts...

Be interesting to watch how this plays out. Even if he's locked up, there will still be several more rounds of leaks. I'm just waiting to see the one that has all of the political class scared shitless. For those of you who think "Well, they're worried about the damage to the US!" I ask you: "When have politicians ever cared about that?"

I think our politicans are trying to cover their own butts...
    Once he gets to Sweden Holder will have an extradition warrant in their hands (If They don't already) and whisk him to America for trial ! They'll stick him in some Supermax until he coughs up the location of the State Department and other unreleased files.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Once he gets to Sweden Holder will have an extradition warrant in their hands (If They don't already) and whisk him to America for trial ! They'll stick him in some Supermax until he coughs up the location of the State Department and other unreleased files.
    They are already released, encrypted, as part of the initial set. All the other people in his organization have to do is release the key.