1. #1 The Bank down the road from me just got robbed like 5 minutes ago. 
    I saw several police cars pass by, then my boss went to lunch and just called back and said the bank is blocked off. I just got confirmation that it was actually robbed.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    So you've come here to post about it as your alibi? ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It wasn't a robbery. It was a bomb threat.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Sounds like Breaking News to me. ;)

It's amazing how often robberies happen.

When my wife was a teller, she had someone attempt to rob her at least 3 times. It was always when she was in the outside teller position. She was behind 2 inches of bullet proof glass, and had a 50lb steel door with several dead bolts.

They'd come up and hand her a note demanding money, and she'd just call the police.

Back in Japan, Security Forces would practice bank robbery drills about once a month. Which was kinda funny because the only people who had access to the bank where people who lived on base.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Is this a rare occurrence in your community?

It's not really big news in Detroit, except that the guys who rob banks usually get caught. Liquor stores are better targets, here, because they don't draw the attention of federal law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Is this a rare occurrence in your community?

It's not really big news in Detroit, except that the guys who rob banks usually get caught. Liquor stores are better targets, here, because they don't draw the attention of federal law enforcement.
    A robbery would have been a really big deal. That bank was robbed about 3 years ago, but it is a very rare occurence here. The bomb threat will be gossip fodder in a small town like ours. We do have enough sense to know that if someone plants a bomb, they're probably not gonna call you a half hour ahead of time to make sure you know about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    We do have enough sense to know that if someone plants a bomb, they're probably not gonna call you a half hour ahead of time to make sure you know about it.
    We had a number of bomb threats when we moved into the new LA Dept of Revenue building. Never found anything but everyone had to be evacuated each time. Went across the street to Kentucky Fried Chicken, got a coke, sat down and watched the fools stand around in the 90 plus heat while the bomb squad gave the all clear. We also had unannounced fire drills every month to keep us on our toes.