Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 House votes 402-1 to honor Chinese dissident. Guess who voted no 
    Bleda
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll612.xml

What a loon. Why does this guy keep getting elected? They must really love that pork there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll612.xml

What a loon. Why does this guy keep getting elected? They must really love that pork there.
    What did this resolution accomplish, aside from costing money and time that is?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I bet the Chicoms are pissed off lol

That old prob-verb comes to my mind "when you owe the bank ten thousand dollars the bank owns you but when you owe the bank Trillions you own the bank"

So fuck china

Bleda
    Is that in defense of Paul, or just criticism of the resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    What did this resolution accomplish, aside from costing money and time that is?
    Rather they waste time passing pointless resolutions then cap and trade bills and crap like that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Rather they waste time passing pointless resolutions then cap and trade bills and crap like that.
    Yes keep them busy with this shit. :D

Bleda
    So, any Ronulans who want to defend Herr Doktor over this? I have little to no doubt in my mind what their arguments will be, but I'm anxious to start crushing them.

I see it as a bunch of shat to be voting on symbolic legislation. Probably thinks it's a waste of time.

Symbolism over substance as Rush Limbaugh would say.

Voting on symbolic matters is the equivelant of singing Kumbaya for Congress critters.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I'd rather they stay home and stop wasting our money with crap like this...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I'd rather they pass a binding resolution that states that all new spending bills from that day forward must have a five year sunset. If sunset clauses are good for tax cuts, they sure as hell ought to be good for spending.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)