1. #1 Hows about a new cable "Activist" channel? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A new DUmmie with a big idea!!! :D

BrendaBrick (36 posts) Wed Dec-08-10 07:24 PM
    Original message Hows about a new cable "Activist" channel?

I'd surely tune in....wouldn't you??? (Hey Ted Turner....are you reading?)

A reality show of sorts whereby you take the basic components of this particular type of popular genre as of late and instead of illustrating shallow, stupid "has nothing really to do with my own life" escapism type of dynamics so prevalent in this ever-so-popular format and tweak it just enough to make it compelling enough to induce local action by highlighting (and giving some hope) that through local activism....things DO actually change for the better, and by golly - here is proof in the pudding as illustrated by these such and such segments - well, I just think that would be a good thing! (When in Rome.....)

I suggested this idea to Bertha Lewis, ACORN CEO & Chief Organizer earlier this year before this great organization took a nose-dive...to no avail.

But I still think it has some merit.

I have posted in my office: "One of the intentions of corporate-controlled media is to instill in people a sense of dis empowerment, of immobilization and paralysis. Its outcome is to turn you into good consumers. It is to keep people isolated, to feel that there is no possibility for social change." ~ David Barsamian, journalist and publisher.

I think its high time that some kind of activist-reality based show like this (or something similar) be made and broad casted to the general viewing public...andI think that time is NOW!

Yeah!!! Speak TRUTH TO POWER!!!! This new show could feature RagingInMiami (our buddy Carlos) in the opening episode!!!

Maybe AlGore can make it happen???? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Disempowerment, immobilzation and paralysid???

Brenda, I think you missed a little thing called the Tea Party; it was in all the papers.

Amazing that Moonbats with eight years of endless bitching couldn't achive anything.

Yet in a year and half the Tea Party changed the political landscape.

As for the activist channel; just two words.

Air America.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 12-09-2010 at 01:14 AM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    A new DUmmie with a big idea!!! :D

Yeah!!! Speak TRUTH TO POWER!!!! This new show could feature RagingInMiami (our buddy Carlos) in the opening episode!!!

Maybe AlGore can make it happen???? :D
    Sorry SR, Al Gore already did. It is called "Current TV". Unfortunately for the DUmmies, nobody already watches it.

They even link to stories from shitty sources like rawstory.

An activist channel. Sounds like the perfect thing for DUmmies. Sit on your ass on the couch and watch other people actually do something.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    An activist channel. Sounds like the perfect thing for DUmmies. Sit on your ass on the couch and watch other people actually do something.
    Especially since the DU Activist forum has worked out so well for them. :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender