Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleda
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    They say it is expected to fail in the senate but i wouldn't trust that bunch of lowlifes.
    I remember for a very long time everyone was saying ObamaCare was dead. And look how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    That's what I'm worried about. I really hate 'mini-bills.' They don't get as much attention, even though they're just as important. But I'm guessing it won't pass. The 'usual suspects' in the Senate know not to vote for it at this time... I hope.
    Christmas is historically a bad time for conservatives when libs are in power.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It's dead in the senate. Reid can't muster the votes.

Very cool. This is NOT comprehensive immigration reform, but at least it isn't totally caving in like every other liberal agenda item.

The fact is that many good people will be rewarded for their good behavior, the only people who are getting legal status are those who deserve it. Lowlifes are not part of this bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Very cool. This is NOT comprehensive immigration reform, but at least it isn't totally caving in like every other liberal agenda item.

The fact is that many good people will be rewarded for their good behavior, the only people who are getting legal status are those who deserve it. Lowlifes are not part of this bill.
    How about good behavior like obeying the law of the land and going back to their country of origin and legally applying for passage.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Kennedy View Post
    It's dead in the senate. Reid can't muster the votes.
    If you had typed that a font or two larger I might be convinced!

It's for people who were brought here as children, remained here for many years and have excelled in education (a bachelors degree) or military service with no records of legal problems and good moral character. It's pretty restrictive, really only allows the top succeeders. You can't really blame children who were brought here by their parents and proceeded to integrate well and excel in society.

Personally, I am in full support of totally reforming immigration but I think this is a fair compromise.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    It's for people who were brought here as children, remained here for many years and have excelled in education (a bachelors degree) or military service with no records of legal problems and good moral character. It's pretty restrictive, really only allows the top succeeders. You can't really blame children who were brought here by their parents and proceeded to integrate well and excel in society.

Personally, I am in full support of totally reforming immigration but I think this is a fair compromise.
    They broke the law, they can go home and state their case in writing in an application to reenter. We are a nation of laws and when we cease to be we will crumble.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They broke the law, they can go home and state their case in writing in an application to reenter. We are a nation of laws and when we cease to be we will crumble.
    I do not know of another country that has idiotic immigration laws like the US. Other countries deport or jail illegals. End of story. Wee Wee is too stupid to understand that.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 12-08-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Laws change. If this DREAM act passes, then it will be the Law.