Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Laws change. If this DREAM act passes, then it will be the Law.
    It is not a legitimate law, it won't replace the law that exists it allows you to ignore it, it is illogical!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I looked at the roll call on the vote and 8 Republicans, all RINOs voted for it:

Cao-lame duck congressman
    Castle-and some of you people wanted him to be the GOP nominee for Senator
    Balart-DiazX2-pandering to their Hispanic base and probably the most conservative of those who voted for this travesty.
    Inglis-lame duck RINO
    Djou-lame duck RINO
    Ehlers-lame duck RINO
    Ros-Lehtinen-often caucuses with Democrats

These are the RINO's who voted for this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Bleda
    It's for people who were brought here as children, remained here for many years and have excelled in education (a bachelors degree) or military service with no records of legal problems and good moral character. It's pretty restrictive, really only allows the top succeeders. You can't really blame children who were brought here by their parents and proceeded to integrate well and excel in society.

Personally, I am in full support of totally reforming immigration but I think this is a fair compromise.
    That's not what I heard. Under DREAM, you have to spend at least two years in college, and that's it; you don't have to graduate, let alone get a Bachelor's degree. And illegals who have committed up to two misdemeanors can qualify. But hey, I could be wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    That's not what I heard. Under DREAM, you have to spend at least two years in college, and that's it; you don't have to graduate, let alone get a Bachelor's degree. And illegals who have committed up to two misdemeanors can qualify. But hey, I could be wrong.
    You're correct.
    Two years in college, or two years in the military.
    And you are allowed up to THREE misdemeanors.
    Cool, isn't it? They can come here illegally, abuse our hospitals and public education system, even have some fun and commit three misdemeanors, and still get the title "American Citizen" for free!
    Nice deal, eh?

PACK EM UP AND SEND EM HOME. Their parents on the other hand - send to jail for 5-10 THEN send them home.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    PACK EM UP AND SEND EM HOME. Their parents on the other hand - send to jail for 5-10 THEN send them home.
    Nah just 'em home. Get them all on buses, do a big sweep and send 'em home. Replicated Operation Wetback from Eisenhower's administration on a MASSIVE scale. No need to be ruthless and break up families. Just send them all back home and tell the Mexican President to get his fucking country together.
    Then finish the fence, pack it underground with poisons and razor wire, line it with barbed wire and landmines, as well as armed guardsmen working day and night in shifts. Line the fence with towers every few files which are armed with machine guns. Fire warning shots if any attempt to cross. If they continue coming, fire at will.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Nah just 'em home. Get them all on buses, do a big sweep and send 'em home. Replicated Operation Wetback from Eisenhower's administration on a MASSIVE scale. No need to be ruthless and break up families. Just send them all back home and tell the Mexican President to get his fucking country together.
    Then finish the fence, pack it underground with poisons and razor wire, line it with barbed wire and landmines, as well as armed guardsmen working day and night in shifts. Line the fence with towers every few files which are armed with machine guns. Fire warning shots if any attempt to cross. If they continue coming, fire at will.
    I would say that is reasonable.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They broke the law, they can go home and state their case in writing in an application to reenter. We are a nation of laws and when we cease to be we will crumble.
    EXACTLY. My cousin had to go back to Jamaica to fulfill the law. F*ck the Diaz-Balart brothers and Ros-Leitenen for that bullshit. (They're not in my district >.<)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

What about all of the people who spent thousands of dollars to become a legal citizen? Do they get their money back since now if this stupid thing passes it won't cost those coming in a thing?
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Very cool. This is NOT comprehensive immigration reform, but at least it isn't totally caving in like every other liberal agenda item.

The fact is that many good people will be rewarded for their good behavior, the only people who are getting legal status are those who deserve it. Lowlifes are not part of this bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    You're correct.
    Two years in college, or two years in the military.
    And you are allowed up to THREE misdemeanors.
    Cool, isn't it? They can come here illegally, abuse our hospitals and public education system, even have some fun and commit three misdemeanors, and still get the title "American Citizen" for free!
    Nice deal, eh?
    And, let's not forget chain immigration. Once the kid is a citizen, the parents, grandparents, cousins, etc., can come in.

I sympathize with kids who were brought to the US by their parents and who are, in all other ways, all but indistinguishable from American citizens, but the law is the law, and if we reward those who break it, then we end up with anarchy.

If, and that's a big if, there is a justification for this, then it would make sense to make this highly restrictive. The criteria are not what is compassionate and makes liberals feel good, but what kind of citizens we want and are willing to accept.

First, only the child should be able to apply for citizenship while in the US, and only if they have a spotless record, no misdemeanors, nada, zip zilch. Second, if the child is a minor, the parents can remain until the child is 18, and must then leave the country. As an adult, he may choose to remain as a citizen, or accompany his parents. If the parents fail to leave, then the kid loses the opportunity. They can then apply from their native countries, and wait in line legally. Third, college isn't a form of service, it's a privilege. I wouldn't make college enrollment a condition, but high school graduation with a minimum GPA should be. Also, no in-state tuition rates or any other perks denied to US citizens. Until they are citizens, they pay full tuition. If my kids can't go to school in another state at the in-state rate, then illegals shouldn't be getting a better deal. And I'm not thrilled about the idea of non-citizens whose sole motivation for joining the military is citizenship. We have non-citizens in now, but they are few and far between, and they tend to be highly patriotic, having lived in other countries and having seen the difference. These kids will just be checking the blocks, and may feel no more patriotism than Wei does (sorry, but I call 'em as I see 'em). I wouldn't make military service a requirement, but I would make it a plus, and I would also require that their citizenship be contingent on completion of their enlistment, with a waiver for troops who honorably serve in combat, but in either case, no disciplinary issues, no Article 15's, no reprimands.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!