Luke Scott: Obama was not born in America
11:26 AM

Orioles designated hitter Luke Scott, who averaged 25 home runs in the past three seasons, sounds off on President Obama and guns at the Winter Meetings.

By Kim Klement, US Presswire

UPDATE, 3:45 p.m.: The Baltimore Orioles have taken their first step toward distancing themselves from Luke Scott's comments. Said Orioles director of communications Greg Bader:
"Luke Scott's comments do not reflect the opinion of the Baltimore Orioles organization. The fact is that Barack Obama is our President, duly elected by the people of the United States. End of story."
Orioles designated hitter Luke Scott, long an outspoken advocate for the Second Amendment, went much, much further than defending the right to bear arms in a wide-ranging interview with Yahoo Sports that included Scott saying he believes President Obama was not born in the USA.

Scott, who chatted with Yahoo when he stopped by baseball's winter meetings in Orlando for a meeting with his agent, says Obama "does not represent America. Nor does he represent anything what our forefathers stood for." When Yahoo's David Brown, as a follow-up, asked him, "You don't think that Obama wasn't born in the United States, do you?" Scott replied:
He was not born here. ... That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go within 10 minutes to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, "See? Look! Here it is. Here it is." The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything. And why? Because he's hiding something.

You know what? People who have bad intentions, people that are deceivers or are not of honor and integrity that's how they act. I've seen it in every it doesn't matter what level. It can be in politics, it can be in business, it can be in sports, it can be in the construction field. Doesn't matter. It's all the same attitude. It's the same thing.
USA Today