Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What DID I do last night? 
    What DID I do last night?

By Jenny Stocks
    Last updated at 8:52 AM on 9th December 2010

On the television in her living room, Kate Weller is watching a drunken girl she barely recognises stumble around a crowded nightclub. Dressed in a low-cut purple dress, the girl lies back on a pool table and waves her legs in the air, inadvertently exposing herself to men nearby.

Knocking back another shot, the girl tugs down her dress, displaying her bra, and jiggles her breasts up and down. By the end of the night, she is literally crawling on the dance floor, glass of wine still in hand.

Kate isn’t remotely amused. In fact, she is wiping tears from her eyes, barely able to look at the TV set. She even walks out at one point, refusing to watch.

And for good reason. Because the girl on screen is her — filmed eight hours earlier after eight shots of spirits, nine glasses of wine, four mixers and two glasses of Champagne. She still has the fake eyelashes and *hangover to prove it.

Worse still for Kate, a 21-year-old who works in one of her father’s chain of gastro-pubs and lives with him and her mother, a nurse, in leafy Redhill, Sussex, the footage of her drunken antics, and her tearful reaction, was about to be broadcast to an audience of thousands. She had agreed to star in a controversial new *television show, What Did I Do Last Night?, on satellite channel Current TV.

The premise is simple. Each week, the camera crew follows a young woman or man on a big night out, recording every painful, embarrassing moment. Then the drinker is made to watch back the film in the cold light of the *morning after.

(snip)

Kate admitted she couldn’t be bothered to get a career when she realised the early starts would get in the way of her nights out. And she *sacrificed several relationships because she refused to give up her alcohol-fuelled lifestyle.

But why? The excuse will sound familiar to any parent of a teenager.

‘Everybody does it,’ she says. ‘You don’t go to a club and stay sober. I like the social aspect, being with my friends, but I’m shy. Drinking gives me the confidence to lose my inhibitions.’

But when she watched the film of her night out, Kate realised that an unwanted side-effect was losing her *dignity, too. ‘I was devastated,’ she says shamefully. ‘I was so upset with the way I behaved. I was getting onto tables, flashing my body. I was an absolute idiot. It made me feel sick to see. I thought I was going to be sick.’

Kate was so shocked, she was prompted to change her life completely. She has only been out drinking once in the six weeks since the *programme was recorded — and then only in moderation.

(snip)

Although it might be seen as just entertainment by many viewers, therapist Mike Fisher thinks the show’s *format is clearly worthwhile. Filming problem behaviour, and then playing it back, is, he says, regularly used *successfully, particularly in the treatment of aggressive children.

‘When parents film their child and play it back, often the child’s reaction is one of shock, horror, guilt and embarrassment,’ Mike explains. ‘It gives them an insight into just how scary they look and become.

‘Playing back the film to these girls in the show works because it gives them an *individual objectivity — they’re looking at themselves from the outside.

‘It is, excuse the pun, *terribly sobering.’
    Read the whole thing. I wish we had a show like this. :(

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz17dsiMs8A

Power CUer
    I don't know. A country that makes a star out of "Snooki" has lost all concept of shame and mortification.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't know. A country that makes a star out of "Snooki" has lost all concept of shame and mortification.
    You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Read the whole thing. I wish we had a show like this. :(
    How is Mr. Snaps with a video camera?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Maybe so but lack of Snooki is worse!:(
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

When I was a kid I looked up to guys like Reggie Jackson and even actors like Harrison Ford. And maybe by some peoples standards that was a weak role model for a boy to have. But here we are circa 2010 and now I have a nephew.

Know who he wants to be like someday?

Steve O.

:(
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    How is Mr. Snaps with a video camera?
    Bored if I'm the subject. :p

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Bored if I'm the subject. :p
    yeah I got that vibe from you a long time ago ..... :p
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Know who he wants to be like someday?

Steve O.

:(
    Who is that?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Who is that?
    You know those 'Jackass' movies where the guys do all kinds of retarded and dangerous things? He's one of them.