1. #1 Biography Channel: Pink Floyd 
    Wow. What a great show. Didn't focus on the music as much as the band members. The rise and fall of Syd Barrett was extremely sad. The guy had such a great musical talent but was completely nuts. I don't think we would have had Meddle or any of the other stuff we came to love. This is one of the best band biographies I've ever seen.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Wow. What a great show. Didn't focus on the music as much as the band members. The rise and fall of Syd Barrett was extremely sad. The guy had such a great musical talent but was completely nuts. I don't think we would have had Meddle or any of the other stuff we came to love. This is one of the best band biographies I've ever seen.
    I'll ask that woman to record it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I'll have to watch it when they repeat it. I love Pink Floyd, but I'm really more familiar with the music they made after Syd left the realm of reality.

Wasn't the album Wish You Were Here (which is my favorite Floyd album) pretty much about Syd? It is very sad what happened to him. He probably was unstable before he took his first hit of LSD.

Still, Roger Waters is one messed-up guy, too. The Wall was pretty much his creation. David Gilmore is the stable one.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'll have to watch it when they repeat it. I love Pink Floyd, but I'm really more familiar with the music they made after Syd left the realm of reality.

Wasn't the album Wish You Were Here (which is my favorite Floyd album) pretty much about Syd? It is very sad what happened to him. He probably was unstable before he took his first hit of LSD.

Still, Roger Waters is one messed-up guy, too. The Wall was pretty much his creation. David Gilmore is the stable one.
    Yeah, Wish You Were Here was largely about Syd. (and that song in particular)
    The biography show was a rerun of a rerun, I first saw it a while ago. They run it every so often.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I love Pink Floyd

In High School I could recite/sing the entire album of "The Wall" in order from memory. Ta Da!!
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

The ironic thing is that while recording Wish You Were Here(my personal favorite album), the guys would see this man sitting in the studio:

It took a while but they eventually figured out it was Syd. They were amazed at his appearance. The songs Wish You Were Here and Shine On You Crazy Diamond were definitely about Syd. They still loved the guy but he was so far off the deep end. When he died at 60, he looked like he was 90. Here is a side by side of Syd in his prime and at the time of his death. Drugs really rode this guy hard:

As for the band, Waters was a musical genius but Gilmore was the glue. Waters wanted it 100% him all the way and The Wall was great but because he wanted no input to the point that he kicked Richard Wright out of the band. Then the salt in the wound was when they did The Final Cut Waters wanted songs that were rejected from The Wall for most of the tracks. This basically broke the group up.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I used to have all of their albums on vinyl, I had some that were only released in England, and then I got burglarized.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg