Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The big Cheese
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    are you refering to the "pucker" ?

did you have a turtle head poking out?
    No, not at all. Since you ask, it's more along the lines of a feeling akin to a very sudden contraction of the scrotum, allied to its seeming wish to retract altogether.

Like I said, not a comfortable sensation, at all. I think it's a normal fear reaction.

The normal fear reaction draws blood away from the extremities to the body core, so it sort of makes sense.

If I fell from the bridge, or whatever, depending on the amount of time I had available before death, I'm sure a turtle head or worse would occur. That's terror, not fear. Again, a normal reaction.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

That one I could do. No way on Camino del Rey.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Kennedy View Post
    That one I could do. No way on Camino del Rey.
    Yep, looks good to me. That I would really like to do.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Holy shit...They found the path thru Mordor.... :eek:

Anybody else notice that all those metal beams he was walking on were old railroad tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Yeah, me too. It was a good location.

I have to confess to a fear of heights, which I have worked on to deal with (7 high-drop bungee jumps and some rock climbing, among other "treatments"), but I really would not do anything like that without using the proper safety equipment. It looked way too unsafe to me.

Actually I get more freaked out by heights when I see other people dicking around near long drops without any thought for their own safety than I do for myself.
    I agree with all of that, while working for ALCOA Davenport Works I was on the fall prevention team, it was amazing how quickly production was put in front of safety..guys standing over open pits, hoisting up thick pieces of aluminum without being tied off on a slick floor....

In Las Vegas they were sending "guest workers" to crawl up a crane boom to oil it, while it was operating...this was during the City center project...something like 8 fatalities in less then a year...OSHA finally set up an office on site it was so bad...I'm used to lock out/tag out, confined space permits & tie offs...these guys were like monkeys falling from trees. If they did live, they would sneak out of the hospital at night to avoid being deported, sticking the taxpayers with the hospital bill...

Then as most here know, my father was killed just falling off the second or third step of a ladder..waxing his RV...something went wrong with the ladder...he landed wrong, and his life was over...it took a long time for the nightmares to go away.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 12-11-2010 at 03:35 AM.

I don't have a fear of heights, just a fear of falling- Rob Johnson