Thread: Mma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mma 
    Does anyone else here enjoy watching MMA? AKA UFC,PRIDE,Proelite,Affliction

I enjoy the one on one aspect of it. If you lose the only one you can blame is yourself. You can't go pointing your finger around at your teammates like in team sports.

I like catching a good Football or Baseball game every now and then, but MMA is definately my favorite.

Banned
    I like watching the WEC on VS. Their fights are always competitive and a couple of their champions could very well against UFC fighters. Extreme XC, pushed by the Showtime cable network and CBS is the weakest.

I am doing some training in MMA. I trained in TKD and Shaolin Kenpo Karate for over half my life but have zero grappling in my game. This deficiency in grappling has made itself painfully obvious in sparring.

I watch and follow the UFC for the most part, but I've seen a few WEC fights. I read recently that the WEC and the UFC were going to merge. That should create some interesting fights! I'd like to see Paulo Filho VS Anderson Silva.

I like MMA. I started off as pretty much PRIDE only, but I've gotten to where I semi-care about UFC also - mainly because of the PRIDE crossovers.

Most of the fights are boring, but I just live for the ones that turn out to be truly exciting. The two that immediately spring to mind are Mirko Filipovic vs Fedor in 2005 and Ken Shamrock vs Don Frye in 2002.

I think Fedor might be the best fighter ever in the sport, but I wish I could have him fight some of the past greats in their time like Bas Rutten, Royce Gracie and Don Frye. I was so happy when Fedor clobbered Tim Sylvia last month because of all those little UFC ninnies saying that their fighters are so far superior to PRIDE fighters.

Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Yeah, I thought Sylvia would last a little longer against Fedor. Atleast the first minute.

Speaking of ex Pride guys. I've become a fan of Dan Henderson during his last two fights, even though he lost both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I like watching the WEC on VS. Their fights are always competitive and a couple of their champions could very well against UFC fighters. Extreme XC, pushed by the Showtime cable network and CBS is the weakest.

I am doing some training in MMA. I trained in TKD and Shaolin Kenpo Karate for over half my life but have zero grappling in my game. This deficiency in grappling has made itself painfully obvious in sparring.

Most fights end up on the ground before they are ended. I trained in TKD too it is useless in a real fight for the most part. Take your lumps and stick with the mixed style it is much more useful in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by gravright View Post
    Yeah, I thought Sylvia would last a little longer against Fedor. Atleast the first minute.

Speaking of ex Pride guys. I've become a fan of Dan Henderson during his last two fights, even though he lost both of them.
    Ah, you just have to keep those in perspective. Rampage and Silva are two of the best in their respective weight classes, and they're younger. My big knock was watching Cro-Cop lose consecutively to two UFC guys I had never heard of. I hope they rematch and he kicks their heads off. :mad:

Hey, I love watching all of it. and Bas Rutten is a blast!

Bas Rutten

Here is his street fighting defence!! Wouldn't want to screw withthis guy!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45

Bas Rutten

Bas Rutten is one of the few fighters that I believe are more dangerous outside of the ring than inside. A lot of the fighters are deadly inside, but they don't employ a lot of streetfighting techniques. I'm not sure guys like Rutten and Tank Abbot even care whether they win or lose - I think they just enjoy the pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

Bas Rutten

haha yeah, I've seen that video. It's hilarious!