Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I guess he died of embarrassment.
    Dirty/crooked money will do that to you.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Dirty/crooked money will do that to you.
    really? if that were the case then we'd be having mass funerals for US senators and representatives. Not that that would be a bad thing. just saying

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    really? if that were the case then we'd be having mass funerals for US senators and representatives. Not that that would be a bad thing. just saying
    I forgot my sarcastic smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No kidding. One of the guy's little kids was in the apartment at the time. :(
    Yeah that's the worst part and why I feel ZERO sympathy for the guy. They are reporting now that no one, not even one relative, has come forth to claim the body yet. I read somewhere that his wife was with the other kid at Disney World in Fl, when she got a text or email one from him saying simply "you need to have someone check on our son", which son was only 2 yrs old. The wife then called her father to go over and check, and so that's how the father-in-law found him.

How could someone be so selfish - bad enough killing yourself and not caring how that is going to affect your kids. But to do it where your 2 yr old might wake up in a house all alone and find your body hanging from the ceiling dead like that ..... the guy deserves to be dead. Thank goodness the father-in-law got there before the baby woke up. Very bad form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Yeah that's the worst part and why I feel ZERO sympathy for the guy. They are reporting now that no one, not even one relative, has come forth to claim the body yet. I read somewhere that his wife was with the other kid at Disney World in Fl, when she got a text or email one from him saying simply "you need to have someone check on our son", which son was only 2 yrs old. The wife then called her father to go over and check, and so that's how the father-in-law found him.

How could someone be so selfish - bad enough killing yourself and not caring how that is going to affect your kids. But to do it where your 2 yr old might wake up in a house all alone and find your body hanging from the ceiling dead like that ..... the guy deserves to be dead. Thank goodness the father-in-law got there before the baby woke up. Very bad form.
    I feel zero sympathy for him because of the people who will be living off of Social Security and Obamacare instead of their own savings, thanks to this greedy, despicable, dishonorable piece of garbage.

Hope he enjoys the Eighth Circle.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I feel zero sympathy for him because of the people who will be living off of Social Security and Obamacare instead of their own savings, thanks to this greedy, despicable, dishonorable piece of garbage.

Hope he enjoys the Eighth Circle.
    I would join you in your excoriation of the Madoffs, but I am not sure Mark was guilty. After all, it was he and his brother who called the authorities.
    On Dec. 10, 2008, Bernard Madoff confessed to his sons about a Ponzi scheme "of epic proportions." Mark and Andrew contacted federal authorities within hours of learning of their father's betrayal of their trust, the filing said.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...SYfxhAC8j7aWLK

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I would join you in your excoriation of the Madoffs, but I am not sure Mark was guilty. After all, it was he and his brother who called the authorities.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...SYfxhAC8j7aWLK
    In that case, I stand corrected. Thank you.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    The people who entrusted their money to Madoff knew exactly what they were getting into. And don't try to tell me otherwise. Planned Parenthood had some skin in this deal as well as ACLU. :D

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Good Lord #'s. He left out the word not. "Good thing they were (not) illegal aliens." Are you really that dense?
    I think people should say what they mean; the entire meaning of the statement changes otherwise. They might consider proofreading their posts.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think people should say what they mean; the entire meaning of the statement changes otherwise. They might consider proofreading their posts.
    We are not perfect like you.