Thread: Baby mice burst out of bag of chips at UK supermarket

1. #1 Baby mice burst out of bag of chips at UK supermarket 
    Newborn mice found in crisp packets at Birmingham supermarket

Dec 13 2010 by Alison Dayani, Birmingham Mail
    Liza Wray's photo of newborn mice on the floor of the Tesco store in Aston.

A BIRMINGHAM mum went wild in the aisles – when newborn mice burst out of crisp packets in a busy supermarket.

Stunned shopper Liz Wray was horrified when she saw half a dozen pink mice emerge from multipacks of crisps at a new Tesco store in Aston Lane, Aston.

The mum-of-one snapped pictures of the mice on her phone and confronted the store manager but said she was horrified Tesco bosses decided not to shut the store down.

“All the staff did was put a cardboard box over the mice and closed aisle six,” said Liz, a health visitor from Kings Norton. “I was with a work colleague who reached out towards the crisps and started screaming.

“Suddenly these tiny pink things appeared from the multipacks and were lying in front of us.

“They were repulsive and made me feel revolting. There were half a dozen of them crawling out of different holes in the crisps and we couldn’t believe our eyes.”
    Tesco, at Aston Lane, Aston

Liz informed the store manager of the mice at 2.30pm on Friday.

But the store was still open three hours later and Tesco officials said Rentokil pest control staff were on site.

Liz said: “When I told the store manager, he said ‘We can’t do much about it because we are near a canal and railway track and the mice tend to come through the floor.’”

“I couldn’t believe he was saying that to me. The whole situation was horrible.”
    Liz Wray

A Tesco spokesman said: “This was clearly an upsetting discovery for our customer, for which we are very sorry.

“Pest control experts were in the store to deal with the problem and we are confident this was an isolated incident.

“The cleanliness of our stores is a priority for all our staff and there is a clear protocol on how they should deal with this kind of issue.”

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/b...7319-27813753/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I'm surprised they didn't eat them, they eat everything else!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I don't really see why she would expect the entire store to close down. Sweep the mice up and remove all the product from the affected shelves, sure but closing the entire seems pointless.

I was sitting in a US Foods terminal in Memphis- sitting on the pot, that is - and noticed a coiled back Copperhead in the corner watching me. He was small, but they're dangerous, so I eased off the pot, edged around him and got a jar from the terminal manager.
    We scooped him into the jar - he was cold, so he didn't protest a whole lot - and I took him out back and tossed him into the woods. He'll probably never see a human being up close again.

But mice in the crisps? That's another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't really see why she would expect the entire store to close down. Sweep the mice up and remove all the product from the affected shelves, sure but closing the entire seems pointless.
    And STUPID. Then where would people shop??
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.