Thread: dare I say?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 dare I say? 
    The phills have the best rotation EVER in the history of baseball.

Phills sigh cliff Lee for 50 mil less then the spanks offered :)

BREAKING NEWS: Phills release their entire relief pitching staff as they are not needed with hailday,oswalt,hamles and now Lee are on the team. :D

This is the best pitching staff assembled since the Braves had Maddux, Avery, Smoltz, and Glavine. But this staff is crazy. If this team stays healthy and can find their swing, they will be unbeatable. They can put my 45 year old fat and out of shape body in right field and still win 100 games.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    The phills have the best rotation EVER in the history of baseball.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

We shall see how everything fleshes out. Hamels & Lee both have had a history of injuries. Halladay/Lee & Oswalt are all on the wrong side of 30. Which isn't all bad, I'm just saying that things may not turn out as expected. Every contending team has at least one gaping hole. That's why they play the games on the field and not on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    We shall see how everything fleshes out. Hamels & Lee both have had a history of injuries. Halladay/Lee & Oswalt are all on the wrong side of 30. Which isn't all bad, I'm just saying that things may not turn out as expected. Every contending team has at least one gaping hole. That's why they play the games on the field and not on paper.
    Jealousy doesn't become you...

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This is the best pitching staff assembled since the Braves had Maddux, Avery, Smoltz, and Glavine. But this staff is crazy. If this team stays healthy and can find their swing, they will be unbeatable. They can put my 45 year old fat and out of shape body in right field and still win 100 games.
    Didn't you call them "unbeatable" this year?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

You do know our 4 pitcher was the MVP of the ws in 08?

Like I said on fb, barring injuries and if they just have normal seasons (well normal for them) this team can win 100+ games. Now all they have to do to clinch a ws win is get howards head out of his ass in the playoffs

I love that he said f@$k you to the stinking yanks and i guess Texas ain't so great after all. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    You do know our 4 pitcher was the MVP of the ws in 08?

Like I said on fb, barring injuries and if they just have normal seasons (well normal for them) this team can win 100+ games. Now all they have to do to clinch a ws win is get howards head out of his ass in the playoffs

I love that he said f@$k you to the stinking yanks and i guess Texas ain't so great after all. :D
    One series does not make a career make.

From an ESPN Insider column, so no link:

But even with the somewhat remarkable acquisition, there are some less promising realities to consider. Mostly on offense.

Given his contract situation, Philly could look to move Hamels for a right-handed hitter for the middle of its lineup, as losing Jayson Werth takes away most of the gain from reacquiring Lee and leaves the Phillies very left-handed. Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, Placido Polanco and Raul Ibanez are on the wrong side of 30 and more likely to decline and/or get hurt than to improve. Rollins often has been hurt in the midst of a four-year free fall, Utley has fought injuries, and Howard and Ibanez are just declining. Domonic Brown is an outstanding prospect but won't match Werth's production, and Brown is also left-handed. Ruben Amaro Jr. has put together an enviable rotation, to say the least. However, the Phils are oddly unbalanced now and it's strange (but not bad) to see them commit this money to Lee with an old, injury-prone lineup staring them in the face.

One series does not make a career make.

From an ESPN Insider column, so no link:
    I know it sucks being a Yankee fan and being told to fuck off but please try to get a grip. If what you said is true the phills wouldn't trade blanton to the red soxs(which is going to happen)

Take your shit to Las Vegas, the Phil's went from 6 to 1 favorites to 7 to 2 odds on winning the WS.